Albums not merging in music player list

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

I got some issue with the music player on the phone. I have sorted out a lot of songs and synced to my phone. These has correct tags with albums they belong to and such.

The player rekognizes the albums, and shows them under the "album" view. The problem is that one albums with the same name is shown for every song that is in that album. So if an album has 6 tracks in it there are 6 albums with the same name when they should merge into one instead.

First I had all the songs unsorted in one folder. When noticing this I placed them in correct album folders but still the problem is there.

It obviously reads the tags of the songs. It just wont merge the albums together in the album view. What could be the issue here? It's quite annoying. Makes is not possible to listen to just one album at a time.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I think I have found the problem. Some tags needs to be exactly the same and not just the album title tag? I think the "album artist" tag doesn't match for them. As under the album names in the list it shows the respective artist when in fact they are various artist albums. So if I change this "album artist" to "Various" for all of them in Zune they should merge. Gonna try when I get home from work.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can also drag and drop in album view to combine albums. Its super easy.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes