Am I the only one that hopes Apollo will look like W8...?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been discussed already....but.....

Wouldn't be amazing if they literally took the same UI experience from Windows 8 and used this for Apollo? I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, especially since Windows Phone 8 will share the Windows 8 kernel. If they literally mean the experience will be the same across ALL devices then I would never leave Windows Phone. Windows 8 looks amazing to me and makes all other OS's look cheap and confusing. I'm talking the same experience; scrolling from left to right with all the different colors for different tiles, the entire OS literally at your fingertips (as much as the screen real estate could handle).

I don't know if it's too big of an overhaul because of what has already been invested into Windows Phone as far as design goes, but if they could seriously pull that off then I don't think anything could pull me away from a Windows phone.....like ever.....

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Thing is, it already isn't. It's very similar, but Metro on the Xbox isn't the same as Metro on WP8. I suspect because of the nature of the devices (horizontal vs vertical) we'll see the same again - similar but not the same. I.e. primarily vertical scrolling rather than horizontal as on the desktop.

I'm expecting background colours/simple patterns, multicoloured tiles, but otherwise very similar to WP7. Besides, a wee bit of variety won't hurt - looking at literally the same thing all the time would get old pretty quickly.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
wll if they enable fully landscape and portrait switching it could like like the windows 8 tablet videos which I think look impressive !

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It's possible to see the win8 layout in landscape mode rather than portrait mode. That would still be as it is in WP7 right now.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
What about the cool picture unlock they have on w8 I'd like to see that. like I've been saying this is could be pure gesture Os no bottom's needed and it would just work too if ms did it right. I'd like to see some of the customization of w8 in wp8. And the multitasking! The possibilities that wp8 being something out of left park more like w8 and still competitive are high but id be fine with this same look and feel but just finally making the Os more customizable and functional beyond belief.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think it's better that they vary, the same style but different experience on a different device.

Apple and Google have gone with the idea that a tablet is just a big phone (often without the phone functionality) whereas Microsoft are running with the idea that a tablet is more like a PC than a phone. In the next few months we should begin to see which - if any - is a better approach.

In any case there is no OS that fits all cases.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious if they're going to copy Windows 8's Live Tile icons. They're all different colors and don't match the theme colors. I kind of like it... it's more lively.

I also like how Metro IE is full screen with no navigation bar. Lots of screen real estate :D.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if they're going to copy Windows 8's Live Tile icons. They're all different colors and don't match the theme colors. I kind of like it... it's more lively.

I also like how Metro IE is full screen with no navigation bar. Lots of screen real estate :D.

That's all I need for customability; just make all the tiles different colors and I'm set...dont even need to give me color options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon