Me Tile... but not what you think

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a few friends from AT&T on Facebook and since they've been using the Lumia 900, I often see "via Facebook for Windows Phone" under their posts. As I'm sure many of us here know, when you post from the Me tile, it shows "via Windows Phone."

Am I the only person that gets bugged when they see this? Just use the Me Tile! Gah, we have to break these people of "must use an app" syndrome.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
At first I didn't understand your grip, but I understand now. They probably don't know the functionality of their new device. They probably never had an interest in it until Nokia shoved it in their hands. I've never owned one, but I will on the 6th, and I already knew that you could do that. lol.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Well sometimes I still use the Facebook app because I can choose who can see my status, whereas if I use the Me tile I think it lets all friends see your status.

will_solo

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I think part of the problem is that the Me tile doesn't have all the same functionality as the facebook app. For example, I can check in and tag my friends using the Me tile. If I want to do that, I need to use the facebook app. Or maybe they just don't know how to use the Me tile as stated above. But that's one of my gripes with the Me tile.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm annoyed that the new 'timeline' has got rid of the red WP logo for "via Windows Phone.". The red logo really used to stand out in the new feed and, imo, look cool.

:mad:

WPGenius

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I will say this...the Nokia lumia 900 is by far the best headset WP has released...i love it..

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the FB app is still needed because there is a lack of functionality in the "Me Tile". I also like to tag my friends when I check in, and can't do that using the tile, so I always check in with the app. I also use the app cause it filters out games I have hidden on my wall where the People Hub shows all the games postings.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
It still shows in the news feed itself, just not on a timeline page.

I just noticed that this morning. :)

It's a shame as my FB page used to look nicely colour coordinated with the red Windows Phone logo.

I've noticed that if you post links, you still get the red WP logo in your timeline. Just not status updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon