Is there any windows phone homebrew?

ltyarbro42

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I finally gave up on webOs after what seemed like forever. Microsoft (and what seems like Nokia) appear to in it for the long haul, much more so than the cowardly HP. My only worry is not the app marketplace, as I come from one that is nonexistent, but the lack of a homebrew community.

IN essence, how "locked" is windows phone. With webos the OS was completely yours to change and modify in anyway that you please. Not that I am not happy with WP because I am open to other OSes, but everyone likes a little customization. Does windows allow this level of liberty? If not now, will it ever?

Sent from my {Lumia 900} using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You wanna head over to the XDA forums if you want homebrew. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has managed to crack the 900 yet.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
We have some hone brew and some good stuff really. What device do you have that makes a big difference. Many devices are still locked others are open and getting custom ROMs already. Like Mr Fang said you can read much more on this at XDA. Also do a tags search on our home page for homebrew we do a good job of keeping up with whats available.

ltyarbro42

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Lumia 900. I checked out XDA and it seems to be mainly developers. I'm no developer , by any means, but I do a little playing her and there.

Being a brand a new phone, I guess there isn't a lot available yet?

Sent from my {Lumia 900} using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon