Problem with some tiles.

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends!

I'm having an issue since the last couple of weeks where some of my live tiles are not updating. I'm on a Lumia 800 with the 8662 build of the 7.8 OS. All of these apps have background tasks enabled and the settings within the app show that they are enabled.

Some of these apps are Wikipedia by Rudy Huyn, Vevo, Cracked, Crackled and MetroTube.

All of my other apps seem to be working fine.

Do any of you have any ideas?

Much Love!
-SERGIO

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I recommend unpinning/repinning the tiles. Also, there is a known issue with 7.8 (to clarify, that issue was supposedly fixed in build 8862) that prevents some live tiles from updating.

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I recommend unpinning/repinning the tiles. Also, there is a known isuue with 7.8 (I don't know which build) that prevents some live tiles from updating.

Thank you but I already tried all of that. Even reinstalling.

The version of 7.8 that had the live tile bug was 8858, that was fixed in 8862. But thanks anyway. ;)

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Do you have consistent access to the internet? Also, do you know how often they are supposed to update?

I have Internet access. I can't be sure but I believe those tiles use the background agent that updates every 30 minutes.

EDIT: I seem to have found a solution for most of these apps... It seems to me that they got messed up because I had set previously the date on my phone to another date in the future to do the trick for the game Monster Burner so when I set it back to the correct time some tiles got confused. I changed the date back and forth a few times and that seems to have fixed it for all of these apps except for Wikipedia. At least now I feel more calm about it. Thanks anyway! :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes