Turning on Narrator in ease of access made phone Unresponsive. What do I do?

adityasrv

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Turning on Narrator in ease of access made phone Unresponsive.

I have a lumia 620 with WP8.1dp . When I turned on the Narrator in Ease Of Access in settings. my phone became unresponsive. touch stopped and the back, start and search buttons became unresponsive. Also Yellow borders appeared wherever i touched the screen. Restarting the Phone didn't solve the problem. Can anyone tell me how to do a hard reset using hardware buttons? help me!

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

I had the same problem yesterday. Accidentally enabled narrator which is i think a feature for blind people as the phone reads whichever i click. But when I restarted the phone, the narrator was disabled but got enabled automatically in few secs like around 20 - 30 secs. So I restarted it again and i disabled it in ease of access as soon as possible and it went off after that.

ThEdge304

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re:

Hold the "Volume Up" button and then tap the "Start/Windows" button. This will disable narrator. In narrator mode, you have to double tap on everything to make it work, which is why it looks like it's being unresponsive.

Lintaar

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

Holy god dammit, Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for you guys . . . T_T
I can't believe i finnaly found someone who has the same problem and solve it
I almost destroy my 920 because of this . . .
for you all that just stuck in the same problem, just HOLD the VOLUME UP button and DOUBLE TAP at WINDOWS button :)
that f*ckin narrator will tuned off

Arjo Ghosh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
re:

Haha :D

It's pretty to simple to switch off narrator.

Just press the volume up key. Then tap the start key once.

Double tap at an instant after tapping the start key once.

Narrator Switches Off!

:)

Ms Phaerie

May 6, 2014
Visit site
re:

Same problem, tried everyone's advice but still nothing. Windows/Start is unresponsive when locked, and still does nothing when holding Volume+ simultaneously. Can't get passed lock screen even when I enter code. Turned off/on several times. Please help before it ends up at the bottom of the pool... Stuck with Windows for over 6 years in hopes they'd catch up, but Microsoft still isn't even compatible with Adobe when they're owned by the same guy!! :angry:

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
what if windows/start is just as unresponsive as everything else??...
This happened with me too...you have to double tap every thing to work and stop that barking ease assistant
And if you have password you must tap every no twice like double tap and as you unlock try volume up then instantly double tap windows key

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
The name is kinda ironic though... "Ease of access"...
And when you enable the magnifier, scrolling becomes laggy and jittery... Go try it for yourself :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills