WiFi signal strength ruined after 8.1 update

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Heya guys I don't know if you are having this problem or not but the WiFi signal strength is ruined after 8.1. i have Lumia 520 running 8.1 and WiFi strength is always 2-3 bar even if I am hardly 5-6 feet away.
Yesterday I was only getting 1 bar even if I was near to it.
ba4a8ary.png
Anyone have solution for this.
I had done hard reset 3 times after 8.1 update tried soft reset still having issue.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that you can't compare it to Windows Phone 8 levels. Windows Phone 8 always showed full Wifi bars when connected (didn't have the feature of showing Wifi bars as per Wifi signal strength). So it might be possible that everything is, as it was before and you are just now seeing the true signal strength.

If you are not facing any actual issues, don't worry too much about it.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that you can't compare it to Windows Phone 8 levels. Windows Phone 8 always showed full Wifi bars when connected (didn't have the feature of showing Wifi bars as per Wifi signal strength). So it might be possible that everything is, as it was before and you are just now seeing the true signal strength.

If you are not facing any actual issues, don't worry too much about it.
I have posted a pic also above.The router was on top of computer table and i was sitting on the chair next to it and still got only 1 bar for wifi and my sister android shows full network.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
But is WiFi working properly? On mine, at home downstairs, the WiFi icon regularly shows the same as yours, or no signal at all, but it does not affect the operation-WiFi still works fine at the right speed. I think the icon might be bugged. If WiFi works, as the previous poster said, don't worry about what the icon shows!

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Your wifi is fine, there is a bugg that if u were far from the router and then got close to it the wifi signal icon doesnt refresh, u can refresh it by going inside the wifi app or disabling it and re enabling it.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Your wifi is fine, there is a bugg that if u were far from the router and then got close to it the wifi signal icon doesnt refresh, u can refresh it by going inside the wifi app or disabling it and re enabling it.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

But is WiFi working properly? On mine, at home downstairs, the WiFi icon regularly shows the same as yours, or no signal at all, but it does not affect the operation-WiFi still works fine at the right speed. I think the icon might be bugged. If WiFi works, as the previous poster said, don't worry about what the icon shows!

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

WiFi works properly but sometime due to that 1 bar it shows no internet access in wifi even when my internet is working properly..

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I saw the exact same symptom on a Lumia 520. The WiFi seemed to be working but the signal level as indicated fluctuated wildly. My 822 on 8.1 hasn't exhibited this behavior at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes