Nokia Camera timer

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
This week, I was on a business trip so I had a chance to try out the Icon as our camera. So I'm using the timer feature (10 seconds) so that my coworker and I could have a picture taken. And there doesn't appear to be any blinking light indicator to let us know when it's going to take a picture or when a picture was taken. We were left counting in our heads for 15 seconds to guess when it took our picture.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does the standard camera app have no blinking camera light either? I think that's a major oversight.

pedroos1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
This week, I was on a business trip so I had a chance to try out the Icon as our camera. So I'm using the timer feature (10 seconds) so that my coworker and I could have a picture taken. And there doesn't appear to be any blinking light indicator to let us know when it's going to take a picture or when a picture was taken. We were left counting in our heads for 15 seconds to guess when it took our picture.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does the standard camera app have no blinking camera light either? I think that's a major oversight.

Moreover, there isn't a countdown on screen neither the timer stay enabled after take the picture. You have to enable it each picture you want to take with the timer feature.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, on that issue (keeping settings from shot to shot), I can see both sides of the issue.

When it keeps the setting for something like bracketing, that can be annoying as well. On my old Canon camera, I would take bracketed shots for making an HDR photo. But on the next shot, I didn't want bracketing but had to wait for 5 shots to finish before I remembered to turn off the setting. The way Nokia Camera is set up, you have to remember to do a "special" setting like bracketing. But yeah, if all I wanted was multiple bracketed shooting, then it gets annoying to have to turn on the feature each time.

Maybe they could put in an option to either preserve last setting or reset to default setting after each shot. That way we'd have the best of both worlds.

But the timer feature is nearly useless without knowing when the camera will fire. It's one of those camera 101 features that's been present in point and shoots for decades.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv