Facebook synch missing in Add Account options after 8.1 installation

Adam Szummer

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
After Windows 8.1 as you can see on the screenshot when i go to Add Accounts i do not see option to ADD Facebook Account.
It is much inconvenient since i cannot synch calendar information as well as my contacts are not synchronized and Chat within message over facebook is not connected anymore when texting.

Any suggestions? is it a product Bug? wrong 8.1 installation?

wp_ss_20140919_0001.png

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You don't use email+accounts for Facebook any more as of WP 8.1 as the integration was removed.

You need to open the Facebook app, tap the hamburger button, scroll down and tap settings, then tap connect with my phone and tap the sync now button.

If you use Messaging for contacting people on Facebook then you now need the Facebook Messenger app as this functionality has been removed as well.

Adam Szummer

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Sounds legit.
Its failing to sync since yesterday.
Hope it will be fixing my missing calendar, photos of contacts and most needed Chat Option within messasges modul.

Because actually this is the case: does the SYNC failure should impact not having Contacts Linked to Facebook accounts as before the update to windows 8.1 nor being able to chat over facebook messaging within message module on Windows Phone but i belive its related to contacts not being linked somehow.

Adam Szummer

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi neo and others.

So i did sync succesfully- i can see calendar now however I am not able to neither see the FB contacts to link it to existing contacts nor i have option to text via facebook.

I go to the contact-> Connect->add Apps->Facebook and i dont see any option of FB contact to be added.

any extra activities to perfrom to enable those in this new Realese? as well as chating via facebook messages in Windows messager

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned, there is no more Facebook integration out of box in WP8.1. You need to install Facebook app. Once installed, you will be able to see all the integration in calendar etc.

Adam Szummer

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi foxbat 121.
Ok. but. As i mentioned the APP is downloaded but it is not synchronized contacts but only calendar/photos.

Does it mean that we cannot anymore LINK Facebook accounts to our hotmail accounts of the contacts as we can for example for Skype, LinkedIN etc ?

cause i see that option to add the App in "Add Contact" but later on there are not visible for linking.

Did you manage to link those from Facebook somehow for yourself?

Adam Szummer

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Extra information.

I noticed that if i filter facebook contacts only i see only 1 contact that has been added TODAY only.
Any other are visible/available.

Sync has been done thru Facebook app thou.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does it mean that we cannot anymore LINK Facebook accounts to our hotmail accounts of the contacts as we can for example for Skype, LinkedIN etc ?

The linking into the Hotmail account is no longer supported in 8.1. The first time you open the facebook app, it will prompt you something about integration on the phone side. I don't use facebook contacts. So I can't tell you much either way.

Adam Szummer

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
The linking into the Hotmail account is no longer supported in 8.1. .

Actually it is linking. For some unexplainable for now reason every few hours i log in i see more ppl.
Before as i said only one person was shown on the list now its around 20-30 and linked with hotmail or Skype Accounts. Still hundred missing. So its either synchronization issue... i cannot believe it it taking so long.

But for your information it is supported to link accounts, however it has issues. Not sure if time will solve it for me.

wp_ss_20140919_0003.png

wp_ss_20140919_0004.png

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
We are talking about different linking. What you described is linking of similar contact entries from different accounts. What I described is what offered in WP 8.0 that you use your Hotmail account to link to Facebook, Twitter accounts online and all your contacts, calendar and updates automatically push to your phone without the need to install apps for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes