01-14-2015 10:05 PM
82 1234
tools
    I use it daily and IMO this is the best feature of WP!
    10-09-2014 09:05 AM
    I do too! Useful for when I'm studying or sleeping.
    10-09-2014 09:07 AM
    me i have the quiet hours and about 3 people to break the circle just incase 10pm-530am
    10-09-2014 09:16 AM
    It's the first thing I turned on when getting Cortana, brilliant feature, I used to have to mute the sound every night then remember to unmute in the morning, now it is automatic.
    10-09-2014 09:23 AM
    Likewise, my wife and I use it every evening so we can get a restful night's sleep and then not have to worry about manually switching to vibrate every day. Great feature that often gets overlooked when reviewers are speaking about Cortana.
    10-09-2014 09:25 AM
    My wife and I both use Quiet Hours on our phones every night and both have our inner circles set for important / emergency scenarios.
    10-09-2014 10:16 AM
    I just love the feature. It gives me a sound sleep
    10-09-2014 10:24 AM
    One of the best feautures! Using it on a daily base!
    10-09-2014 10:28 AM
    You can
    How is that? Last time I checked "quiet hours" was a functionality subset of Cortana, hence, tied up to devices in English... :-/
    10-09-2014 10:39 AM
    Is Quiet Hours available on Lumia 525? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    10-09-2014 10:42 AM
    Best feature ever! I cannot count the times I forgot to turn off my phone when I was in a meeting. Now that is no longer needed. No calls in the middle of the night from someone across the globe who didn't think about time zones anymore. Hand down the best feature of WP
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:01 AM
    Enabled from 10:27p to 6:12a every day. It's a great feature to have.
    10-09-2014 11:05 AM
    Is Quiet Hours available on Lumia 525? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    Yes. You need to have version 8.1 of OS(for Cortana Beta). If you already have 8.1 then you need to change some settings to get Cortana. Please refer articles about settign up Cortana from WPCentral. Just to let you know, Quiet Hours is integrated with Cortana, so unless you set up Cortana, you won't find it :-)
    TheAquila likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:07 AM
    It's about the only part of Cortana that I regularly use.

If MS released "Quiet Hours" as a separate app then I could quite happily live without Cortana.
    10-09-2014 11:14 AM
    Every time my calendar is marked BUSY, Quiet Hours is on. The Knock knock feature is always enabled, so if there is an emergency folks can break through. I love quiet hours, and I'm spoiled now by not having to think to put my phone on silent!
    10-09-2014 11:21 AM
    I use it for night time I have it set from 1 AM until 7am stops people disturbing during the night.. And I keep my family in the "inner circle "

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    10-09-2014 11:24 AM
    So, I have a question and wondering if Quiet Hours could work for me? Basically, I to keep my ringer on and text noises on during my times outside of work, but want my phone silent during work hours. Is that what Quiet Hours is for? I still need my phone to vibrate and ring and don't want it to block people. I basically just want my phone to turn to vibrate (ringer off) at a time I set (when I get to work) and turn ringer and vibrate on at a time I set (when I leave work), but still be able to get text messages, notifications from apps, etc while at work
    10-09-2014 01:50 PM
    So, I have a question and wondering if Quiet Hours could work for me? Basically, I to keep my ringer on and text noises on during my times outside of work, but want my phone silent during work hours. Is that what Quiet Hours is for? I still need my phone to vibrate and ring and don't want it to block people. I basically just want my phone to turn to vibrate (ringer off) at a time I set (when I get to work) and turn ringer and vibrate on at a time I set (when I leave work), but still be able to get text messages, notifications from apps, etc while at work
    This guy right here has your answer

Every time my calendar is marked BUSY, Quiet Hours is on. The Knock knock feature is always enabled, so if there is an emergency folks can break through. I love quiet hours, and I'm spoiled now by not having to think to put my phone on silent!
    Yes it could. Set your work schedule in your calendar and mark those hours as you being busy. From quiet hours you would have the option to activate it on a schedule as well as when your calendar marks you as being "busy"
    jrdatrackstar1223 likes this.
    10-09-2014 01:58 PM
    Yes it could. Set your work schedule in your calendar and mark those hours as you being busy. From quiet hours you would have the option to activate it on a schedule as well as when your calendar marks you as being "busy"
    But won't Quiet Hours block any call or text unless I specify it (ie adding the contact/number to my inner circle)? Will notifications come through from other apps like GroupMe or IM+, or email and Cortana notifications. What about text messages from a stranger or phone calls from numbers I don't know that I may need to come through in case they are emergencies? I know about the 3 call feature where it will "break through" if it appears as an emergency, but what about other things?
    10-09-2014 02:01 PM
    But won't Quiet Hours block any call or text unless I specify it (ie adding the contact/number to my inner circle)? Will notifications come through from other apps like GroupMe or IM+, or email and Cortana notifications. What about text messages from a stranger or phone calls from numbers I don't know that I may need to come through in case they are emergencies? I know about the 3 call feature where it will "break through" if it appears as an emergency, but what about other things?
    I'll defer to someone with more experience with those other apps. Stuff from strangers or anyone not in the "inner circle" would cause the phone to alert you. Maybe future iterations would be able to set more conditions such as certain apps being able to still get through and only calls or texts from specific people being able to get through.

By the way, I use quiet hours and have since i installed the dev preview. Keeps me sane and i dont need any help staying awake.
    10-09-2014 02:10 PM
    I love it also, especially the calendar-based quiet time functionality. I also suggested they add an option for location-based functionality. When you're at work, it goes quiet. When you're at church, it goes quiet.
    10-09-2014 02:25 PM
    With the cyan update, this was one of the features that was a must for me !! every night till up time. Great feature quiet hrs ..
    10-09-2014 02:32 PM
    It's about the only part of Cortana that I regularly use.

If MS released "Quiet Hours" as a separate app then I could quite happily live without Cortana.
    I totally agree, there is no reason to tie Quiet Hours to Cortana.

I love Quiet Hours, and with the Swype-like keyboard they are the reason why I updated to WP8.1. They compensate the slower performance by making everything easier.
    RichardBurt likes this.
    10-09-2014 04:33 PM
    You can very easily allow people through by adding them to your inner circle in Quiet Hours settings.
    10-09-2014 05:03 PM
    Midnight to 7 AM here, great for turning off all sounds and alerts except for my alarm.
    10-09-2014 06:04 PM
82 1234