No HD video playback on WP 8.1 Update 2

Ben Cameron

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I recently updated my BLU Win HD to update 2 using the Windows Insider program trick and now my phone doesn't support HD video playback through any YouTube apps, the site itself, or even sites like Streamable. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm on version 8.10.15116.125. I've soft reset the phone multiple times and uninstalling/reinstalling the apps doesn't work, so this is clearly a problem brought on by Update 2. I receive an error message whenever I watch video in quality greater than 360p regardless of the video or the host site/app. I'd post imgur links but I can't as I'm a new user so I'll have to put the screenshots in the post. My apologies for the ugly formatting.

wp_ss_20150421_0003.png

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I suppose you could try a hard reset.

But c'mon, you weren't supposed to install Update 2 on any Lumia not the 640/XL. Let along a BLU phone.

I think its indeed brought on by the Update 2 that one wasn't supposed to install. (its only a momentary rest point before 10 TP.)

If a hard reset fails, I dont know if you have any other options.

Ben Cameron

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I suppose you could try a hard reset.

But c'mon, you weren't supposed to install Update 2 on any Lumia not the 640/XL. Let along a BLU phone.

I think its indeed brought on by the Update 2 that one wasn't supposed to install. (its only a momentary rest point before 10 TP.)

If a hard reset fails, I dont know if you have any other options.

I wish I had realized that at the time, I saw a thread on /r/WindowsPhone and blindly followed along. Hard resets don't work either, I guess I'm out of luck until Windows 10 rolls along.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon