Endless syncing issue (no, uninstalling Skype doesn't fix it)

jgwong

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 520 with Windows 8.1. These are my problems:

1. When I go to email + accounts on Settings, it crashes and returns me to Settings.
2. When I try to read my E-Mail, it crashes too, returns me to the Home screen.
3. Same issue with Photos.
4. SMS messages don't arrive or appear much, much later.

These are already reported problems which many others have fixed by uninstalling Skype and force synching. This solution did not work for me, the errors persist.

Here's what I have tried:

1. Uninstalling Skype.
2. Turning on Flight Mode to remove other accounts/force resyncing. This never worked for me, email + accounts kept crashing no matter how many times I tried.
3. Unlinking my Microsoft Live account from Skype. I didn't have it linked for once, but anyway, tried linking and unlinking it in case that helped.
4. Doing a reset to Factory Settings and restoring from backup. This didn't work either. When I restored, a message appeared saying it couldn't restore everything. When I tried going again to email + accounts, it kept crashing again. Saw Skype installed, removed it, etc, etc, etc.
5. I then tried resetting again to Factory Settings, uninstalling Skype, no restore from backups, just login to my Microsoft Live account. Bam, endless syncing again.

After so many tries and permutations of all of the above, I thought the culprit was my Microsoft Live account. I resetted again to Factory Settings and begun from scratch with a newly created Microsoft Live account. No luck, endless syncing again.

I'm utterly frustrated. I don't know what else I can do. Please, help me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes