Confirmed: Battery Drain when using WP8 Music app

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been able to reproduce this issue multiple times on multiple Nokia Lumia 920's (both before and after the recent update).

My wife and I listen to a 30 minute audio phone from our phones as we go to bed (helps us sleep). We have full battery charge when we start the 30 minute audio file (it's an MP3 file on the phone), and when we wake up our phones are in heart mode (about 8 hours later). The audio file will not repeat, it only plays 1 (we are usually asleep by the time it ends).

It happens to both of our phones and we've had it happen several times in the past couple weeks, when we started using our phones to play the audio file.

Has anyone else had problems with battery drain and using the built-in music app to play mp3's off your phone?

It seems there's a pretty serious battery drain bug in the music app.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
personally I wouldn't blame the player, check the usual suspects first - background apps (navigation, weather, rss apps), signal strength and switched on radios. Recently I use a night-stand app so I leave it in charger over-night, but before I usually got cca 10-15 percent down on battery over 8 hours sleep.

My point, no I haven't had this problem :)

tomdjp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes experience very high battery drain after playing audio such as podcasts or music. The phone becomes physically warm and I can see the high discharge in Battery Sense. This happens even if no other apps are suspended (press "back" many times until only the start screen remains). A reboot always fixes it.
It seems there is some bug there, but I can't put my finger on it yet. It doesn't seem to be specific to any one particular app (e.g. I tried different podcast apps with the same result).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon