Phone crashes when internet sharing active

vixez

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey,
I'm having a really strange issue with my Lumia 920. Whenever I connect with my laptop to my phone I get a black screen, followed by an infinitely showing Nokia logo. I have to shut down the phone by holding the volume buttons and power button.
Then when it reboots my date and time are wrong (always go back the 1st of september and a random time).

Any way I can fix this?
I've done nothing strange with my phone, didn't attempt hacking or things like that.
It's an unlocked phone.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've read other people having similar issues with tethering and they have suggested enabling FIPS under advanced options in the connection manager. Tap on the connection manager in the task bar and right click on the Nokia Lumia wireless item. Then select Properties then Advanced and enable FIPS under the security tab.

Also, the volume down + power key reset is a simulated battery pull and as such the date and time reverts back to factory defaults. (Think back to the days of S60 V3 :wink:). If your network supports it you can set the phone to automatically adjust the date and time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon