After latest update (1308 Rogers) no LTE, Access Point useless

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Granted I don't work for Nokia but as a computer engineer I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they made a newer 1308 be equal to 1314.

The thing that leads to that conclusion is the change log - which was identical for both. Yet the newer version on ATT fixed the version riddled with issues.

And recall that the connectivity issue was SEVERE for ATT users. It affected MANY, if not most. Backlash. Nokia went so far as to pull it from the server.
The 1308 (new) has not caused the kind of issue in terms of severity - I've read and heard of more users saying they have no issue at all with the global 1308 (new) than not.

I personally don't care how they name it, so long as it works for the masses. There still appears to be an issue so hopefully it is resolved for those affected.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
How is Daniel's comment a fact? It is his opinion, did he state he got confirmation from Nokia? In his comment he even says presumably. Did you read SpeedyOyster's response to Daniel? I get that you consider his/her comment of less weight, but the guy/girl said that he tested both firmware versions and there are no differences.

And if we're talking about beating a dead horse, what was the point of this thread when there is already a thread about issues with 1308 firmware on Rogers that already mentions essentially all the issues you've mentioned.

Anyhow, I think we can both agree that this is now a pointless argument and I personally don't wish to carry on. I really hope regardless of what firmware version it is, that your phone problems get figured out.

Peace!

Well, there is not a problem of interpretation but understanding and facts
Daniel's comments can be read only one way - he is either right or wrong.
And I'm saying its more likely Daniel is right then some random online user (me included).
And business wise, it doesn't make sense for Nokia to release a version that was recently pulled because of issues without first addressing it.
That part just doesn't make any sense at all.
Dead horse beaten.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
How is Daniel's comment a fact? It is his opinion, did he state he got confirmation from Nokia? In his comment he even says presumably. Did you read SpeedyOyster's response to Daniel? I get that you consider his/her comment of less weight, but the guy/girl said that he tested both firmware versions and there are no differences.

And if we're talking about beating a dead horse, what was the point of this thread when there is already a thread about issues with 1308 firmware on Rogers that already mentions essentially all the issues you've mentioned.

Anyhow, I think we can both agree that this is now a pointless argument and I personally don't wish to carry on. I really hope regardless of what firmware version it is, that your phone problems get figured out.

Peace!

The original point of this thread was more specific, and was a lack of LTE and a rendering useless of Access Point
These 2 issues resolved themselves on their own, which I mentioned.
I have no connectivity issues or otherwise with the Rogers OTA 1308.
I corrected someone based on what Daniel commented and communicated to the WP Central community and this snowballed.
And yes, I would consider the voice of Daniel from WP Central of more weight than a random user on this forum.
Just sayin

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's incorrect.
According to Daniel:
1314 is specifically a fix for those on 1308. Presumably, Nokia fixed the 1308 firmware on their server for the low-power Qualcomm chip issue, so everyone who is now getting 1308 is a-ok. But if you're already on 1308, Nokia can't re-deploy it, so they have to create a new firmware, hence 1304.

In other words, there's no difference between (new) 1308 and 1314.

There was never a problem with you quoting what Daniel posted. The problem arises when you turnaround and start spreading Daniel's opinon as a fact.

I think Daniel's voice carries more weight than forum posters (me included, I was taking part in that).
If they say the 1308 (new) is the SAME as the ATT 1314, then I take that with higher stock.

Again, it appears that you are 100% certain that Rogers' 1308 firmware is the "same" as AT&T's 1314.

You're NOT paying attention.
The Rogers 1308 clearly is the ATT 1314
We have confirmation from Daniel.

But the Rogers 1308 has been repackaged to the same as ATT 1314 (that's a necessity for any early releases of the (old) 1308, since you cannot have the same version number).

We never received a confirmation from Daniel and nobody knows whether "Rogers 1308 has been repackaged to the same as ATT 1314".

Please point out what "facts" I need to get straight.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I can appreciate that it is confusing.

Even rationally it would not make sense if the GLOBAL 1308 is different from the ATT 1314.

Recall that Nokia went so far as to PULL the ATT 1308 version because it was riddled with this issue.
Does it make rational sense that, knowing this, they would go ahead and release the affected version to the whole world, WITHOUT FIRST applying the same nominal change they did for ATT users.

If I remember correctly, the change log for ATT users, 1308 vs 1314 was identical.

It also makes more sense that 1314 = (new) 1308, but even this hasn't resolved the issue for all.
And I'm just relaying what Daniel has already communicated to us. I personally think his viewpoint on this carries more weight then all of us

I totally get what you're saying and I'd like to think that Nokia would not release 1308 to the world that was broken but I'd sure feel a lot better if they had numbered it the same if that was the case.

My concern is that if Nokia felt that it was an AT&T specific problem and fix (ex: related only to AT&Ts towers and 920s) then why bother to put the fix in for everyone else since they aren't on AT&T? A company as large as Nokia has to have a QA process, and having to restart it for 1314 would take time and resources. How much time is always a question. In my correspondence with Nokia support I specifically mentioned that I am on AT&T with a BUILD 920 and that I was afraid that upgrading to 1308 would kill my data. Their response: set my max speed to 3G under the cellular setting.

Anyway, this has gotten way off topic and hopefully Nokia will issue a fix for everyone soon. Maybe GDR2 next month..?

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem, i am not able to share internet from my unlocked rogers, lumia 920. how do you share internet?

I had the same problems as everyone. After the 1308 update, my internet sharing stopped working and the Access point App was broken. After playing with the phone for an hour, I finally found the solution without having to hard reset my phone.

I DELETED the APN settings AND the MMS settings and I turned the phone off and back on again. Then, to my surprise, the access point was working! I was able to choose my carrier which I did.

I then went back to enter the APN and MMS settings manually, I soft-reseted the phone ( Holding volume down and power buttons simultaneously until it vibrates) and went back to activate internet sharing and... VOILA!!! IT WORKED!!!!

And has always worked since!

Try it! It worked for me...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Are u on T-Mobile US on a Rogers 920? If yes then I might install access point and check if it solves the stupid data issues on the 1308.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Well looks like everyone finally got their facts straight and Daniel's presumption was wrong.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/226262-1314-roger-lumia-920-available.html

You're NOT paying attention.
The Rogers 1308 clearly is the ATT 1314
We have confirmation from Daniel.

However, people are still experiencing some issues with the 1314 as well
Even the 1314 has not totally resolved the issue.

But the Rogers 1308 has been repackaged to the same as ATT 1314 (that's a necessity for any early releases of the (old) 1308, since you cannot have the same version number).

So, the fact that people are experiencing issues doesn't mean it isn't 1314, just that for some, the issue has not been resolved even with 1314

I for one experienced some issues when I first updated (as you can see above), but after a couple days, I am all good to go. Working perfectly now

tomcahill

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
In case this helps someone else I will post my experience with Access Point and these updates.

I have a Rogers Lumia 920 running on Bell. It was one of the originals sold that came factory unlocked. When 1308 was available I immediately updated and had no issues
Then I was prompted for 1314 and of course updated.

After any update I have found that I need to go to Access Point and switch from Bell to Virgin and back to Bell for MMS and Internet Sharing to work.
After the 1314 update when I switched to Virgin Access Point shutdown. It just went back to the setting menu, I went back in and neither Bell nor Virgin were active.
I selected Bell and the same thing happened.
I rebooted my phone, no change. Soft reset, no change, tried adding and removing apn settings, no change.

Now, my wife has an AT&T Lumia 920 unlocked and running on Bell and she had no problems with the 1314 update and Access Point.

I decided to factory reset my phone and figured that re-installing Access Point once I had done so would work, since I would already be on 1314.
This brought up an entirely new issue. The never-ending-gears-of-death. Supposedly this is common and can take up to 8 DAYS to resolve on its own. It has something to do with how much data you have on the phone.

I had a lot of music, etc... and I wasn't about to wait 8 days for a reset to finish. Instead I used the Nokia Care Suite to download and flash 1308 onto my phone (1314 wasn't available for some reason). Then, when that was finished I updated OTA to 1314. Then I installed Access Point and all is OK!

I was OK doing this, this time. However I will be a bit more hesitant to install any future updates as I don't want to lose Access Point again.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
updated my rogers unlocked to 1308 still had lte and inet sharing, further updated to rogers 1314 from nokia and lte and inet sharing work fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes