Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrins

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: How + Why to Get Data Sense/Free tethering/FM radio etc on at&t L920 TODAY

Hey guys
Thanks for the guide! I used the Euro Dev Rom and couldn't get any of the amber features to show up. Once I flashed the French Rom everything showed up, and tethering works (although I pay for it) through AT&T.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: How and Why I flashed my at&t Lumia 920 with GDR2/Amber

Yeah, I agree. The French ROM is unbranded. Another thing we can do is use the myAT&T app to get the 5GB plan with tethering when we need it, then change back to the 3GB plan when we're done. There's no extra charges, as long as you change back before your billing period ends.

Darrins

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: How and Why I flashed my at&t Lumia 920 with GDR2/Amber

Yeah, I agree. The French ROM is unbranded. Another thing we can do is use the myAT&T app to get the 5GB plan with tethering when we need it, then change back to the 3GB plan when we're done. There's no extra charges, as long as you change back before your billing period ends.

Agreed!

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys
Thanks for the guide! I used the Euro Dev Rom and couldn't get any of the amber features to show up. Once I flashed the French Rom everything showed up, and tethering works (although I pay for it) through AT&T.

I'm glad it worked for you too mate!

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Guys, If you liked my Guide, please be sure to Like/Thank my Guide post. It motivates me to make others in the future. :)

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site

I think it's also worth noting under the FAQ or somewhere that you won't be able to restore a backup (at least not on ATT) if you flash the Euro Dev Rom or any other that I've seen for Amber so far. Due to the need to switch to LTE 2 through access point. Which doesn't pop up until after you're asked to sign in with your Live ID.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I think it's also worth noting under the FAQ or somewhere that you won't be able to restore a backup (at least not on ATT) if you flash the Euro Dev Rom or any other that I've seen for Amber so far. Due to the need to switch to LTE 2 through access point. Which doesn't pop up until after you're asked to sign in with your Live ID.

'it worked on Euro Dev, not on French ROM. I'll add it, thanks.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't get tethering to work on the Dev rom even though I am paying for tethering with 4GB shared plan (was using tethering on ATT rom). Going to try French rom and see if tethering is working.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Yes. You download them, then extract them. Does it not work?
When I downloaded them earlier today they did not have 1.3 G files in them. Also I have downloaded NCS on my windows 8 and it's not even nearly working. In fact, after installation I checked to run but nothing runs, and no desktop icon is created.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

When I downloaded them earlier today they did not have 1.3 G files in them. Also I have downloaded NCS on my windows 8 and it's not even nearly working. In fact, after installation I checked to run but nothing runs, and no desktop icon is created.

Well, the new ZIP files are much smaller in size. You might have to re-download. To open NCS, go to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Application Launcher\Applications and open the Product Support Tool for Store 5 shortcut. Good luck.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site

'it worked on Euro Dev, not on French ROM. I'll add it, thanks.

Wow, maybe I'll try the Euro Dev rom again or at least download the copy you have reposted. Could've sworn I had the same problem still though.

Darrins

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: How/Why to Get Data Sense/FM radio/ on at&t L920 TODAY [French Amber/GDR2 ROM]

Hey guys

Just outta curiosity what is the difference between LTE-1 and LTE-2 in Access Point?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: How/Why to Get Data Sense/FM radio/ on at&t L920 TODAY [French Amber/GDR2 ROM]

I have tried both DEV and French ROM. Can't get them to work with tethering. Guess I am going back to AT&T stock ROM.

Farouk Abou Rafeh

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Hi, plz do u know if I flash this on lumia 920 BR from Brazil will I lose my 4G connection ??? and when it is official released can I re flash it with official BR ??

thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes