Glance Screen Problem after Amber update

Osam AHo

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Software issue, and only with Glance, better to turn stupid glance off, rather than battery drain and burning screen.
It get worse when device heat-up or playing game while charging.

enomam

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey all.
Bit of a bump, but I noticed the same thing on my Lumia 920 today.
Equally though, my phone was very hot while it was glitching.

I left it alone for a while, and let it cool, and the problem seemed to go away.

Has anyone else associated this glitch with heat ?

xamirx

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I went to Nokia care in my country, and they said it's motherboard problem. So now waiting for the motherboard to come, they said to change the screen and motherboard as they have no idea which is the problem.

Did nokia care solve your problem?

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 41237

Greetings.
I am having a problem ever since amber update ... when i apply the Glance screen mode ( either Peek,Timed or Allways on) and off the phone, it shows the time , but it also shows WHITE LINES WHICH APPEAR ON Black SCREEN from top to the bottom..I am really looking forward for someone to help me with this problem..Is a bug causing it? How do I fix it?:unhappysweat:
Lumia 920 user.

This also happened to my 1st 920 the day I bought it. I came back to the store and they replaced it with a new one.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey all.
Bit of a bump, but I noticed the same thing on my Lumia 920 today.
Equally though, my phone was very hot while it was glitching.

I left it alone for a while, and let it cool, and the problem seemed to go away.

Has anyone else associated this glitch with heat ?

You probably have a defective phone. You should go to the store and let them replaced it.

ciumbuleuit

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
hi there, -- somehow -- i fixed the problem by installing the 'glance background'.
you might need to try it too.
let me know if it works for you.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
hi there, -- somehow -- i fixed the problem by installing the 'glance background'.
you might need to try it too.
let me know if it works for you.

That's funny because dryoussef21 has started a thread that talks about installing glance background as a way to solve the problem, but we've discovered that it is still not a consistent fix. I am hoping that GDR 3 and Black will solve the issue, but we are wondering about that as well.

For me the issue is really inconsistent, and so I can't say I am super bugged by it and I will just keep glance on peek and run with it for now.....

ciumbuleuit

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
That's funny because dryoussef21 has started a thread that talks about installing glance background as a way to solve the problem, but we've discovered that it is still not a consistent fix. I am hoping that GDR 3 and Black will solve the issue, but we are wondering about that as well..

got the flickering problem (the whole screen not only glance) since day one then had replacement -- sealed box -- on the next day.
the problem still there but it was only on glance screen and when if it gets hot.
had another replacement on the third day -- sealed box -- and again....the problem still exist (glance screen and only when gets hot).
getting tired to return to the shop so i tried the 'glance background' and (so far) it works.

maybe 'glance background' trick will only valid for glance screen problem, but it won't work for flickering on whole screen (the first unit i i used to have) ?

dryoussef21

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
That's funny because dryoussef21 has started a thread that talks about installing glance background as a way to solve the problem, but we've discovered that it is still not a consistent fix. I am hoping that GDR 3 and Black will solve the issue, but we are wondering about that as well.

For me the issue is really inconsistent, and so I can't say I am super bugged by it and I will just keep glance on peek and run with it for now.....

yes and I apologized for that sir :D

but after Black update I think it is fixed ...I keep watching for this now :)

kendon1

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone came up with a solution on this. I've been experiencing this problem with my newly bought L920 after upgrading the firmware to Lumia Black. I also noticed that this problem reveals especially when the phone gets hot. I see that the post is a bit old. That means the problem was solved after the black update? Mine was not. Thanks.

LOTRings

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
It's due to overheating.. I removed my Lumia from its case and put it in my icy cold hands for a minute.. display was perfect.. Though it keeps on overheating pretty often and its quiet irritating after a point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon