Using Nokia Lumia 1020 with Car Dock & Bluetooth

Philip Sheridan

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have managed to sinc my Nokia Lumia 1020 and factory car charger with my vehicle radio via Bluetooth and it works fine for phone calls. However, turn-by-turn audible directions do not function when Bluetooth sinc is enabled. Voice commands from the maps are totally silent in this mode. That said, turn-by-turn directions DO work when not connected to Bluetooth, but only then. I am guessing that it is a software issue having to do with the navigation application that I am using and that came standard on this phone, but I do not know that for sure. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The good news is there is a fix coming. The bad news is you will have to wait for GDR3 to get it. I have the developers version installed on my wife's 1020 (GDR3 Preview) and the nav apps work fine in my Camaro. Some car radios have issues and others don't. If you want to try GDR3 Preview on your 1020 you can get more information on that here:

Windows Phone GDR3 Preview - Windows Phone Central Forums

Philip Sheridan

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Too bad Nokia users have to wait for a software update to make the car mode operate correctly. The navigation feature of smart phones in general was a primary reason why I bought one, and I am sure that others feel the same way.

Philip Sheridan

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I will grow old waiting for Nokia's Customer Service to ring back, but this is what I found on their official Website:

HERE Drive from Nokia Collection or search for " HERE Drive

Can I use HERE Drive voice navigation through my car speakers or to a Bluetooth headset?
Nokia FAQ Due to technical restrictions, the audio output for HERE Drive doesn't currently work with Bluetooth. You should use your phone's built-in speaker instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes