L925 Running Here Maps & Battery will not Charge

Skaterbuoy

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Some advice from other road users please?

I have Lumia 925 and use the Nokia Here Drive app. Whilst out yesterday I noticed that the phone is not able to run the Dive app and charge the phone sufficiently at the same time.

Although the phone said it was charging via a 2.1amp adapter and cable, it just ran out of change and powered off.

After the phone re-set and as it was still connected to the power source, did after few minutes powered back on and seemingly continued to charge.

I have had problems charging previously, but I thought getting a 2.1 amp adapter would have solved my problem

My question, is there an issue with my phone or adapter, as to why it can't run the app and charge sufficiently at the same time?

I have the latest Black update and associated firmware o/s updates. Any comments would be appreciated

Cheers
Paul

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral!

It should charge, however I have seen other people with the same problem, so it might be that Here Drive is taking that much power...

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you running with the your local map donwloaded, or are you pulling the map as you go? Running GPS and a stream of Data can be pretty rough on any device.
Where are you seeing that it's getting the full 2.1a charg, instead of the .5-1a normal charge?

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems that running the GPS, the screen and data takes most of the power from an adapter. When I run Waze, my battery actually drops while plugged in!! I do get a slow charge on Here Drive, but I also went to a 2Amp car charger.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my 920 and Here Drive. Even plugged in, standard charger, the charge is dripping and after 3-4 hours the phone is dead. Unplugged it takes 1 hour. The map is local.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon