Battery issues?

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Last night my phone chimed alerting me that it had a low battery which I thought was odd because I hadn't used it much and last I checked it was at about 60% then I got a text and tried to reply but the phone died. So I plugged it in and went to bed at about 10:30. So when I woke up this morning my phone was only at 50% charged. Seems like something has gone wrong or an app is running like crazy in the background. Does anyone have some advice?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I always trouble shoot things in two levels

1) turn on airplane/ fight mode + battery saver ( make sure the heart symbol turns-on in the battery indicator) then turn them both back off. this should refresh almost everything.

if you feel this didn't solve the problem, then try to,

2) soft reset the device by pressing the volume down + power button for about 15 sec, (the phone should vibrate).

I didn't hard reset for a long time now, Im waiting for Apps + games backup to do a clean install of WP8.1

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Alright so I tried the soft reset and turned off all back ground apps and put the phone in airplane mode and it still drained about 20% in a half hour. Yes the phone was hot. Not just warm actually hot. After going through all Verizon's hoops I ended up with a new phone. I hope they come up with a better back up system then what they have. It was a pain pinning all my apps back to the home screen. It's still not right but I can live with it.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Alright so I tried the soft reset and turned off all back ground apps and put the phone in airplane mode and it still drained about 20% in a half hour. Yes the phone was hot. Not just warm actually hot. After going through all Verizon's hoops I ended up with a new phone. I hope they come up with a better back up system then what they have. It was a pain pinning all my apps back to the home screen. It's still not right but I can live with it.

wow 20% per half an hour is an extreme that only happens in certain games.

Well, that's bad that you were the unlucky owner of a defected device, hope your next one works fine 😁

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
My battery has definitely improved since I got it. Was not great and actually kind of disappointing the first two weeks then, BAM! Was better seemingly overnite and a week later is still better. I guess there is something to that conditioning we hear about. Very pleased with my battery performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes