lumia 1020 is eating my data

CommandZer01

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
so i just got a lumia 1020 a few weeks ago, and I have noticed this phone syncs a couple hundred megs of data considering i am always on wi fi and its burning through my data plan. anyone else have this issue.

CommandZer01

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Actually I can't use data sense on AT&T cause they haven't enabled it. I completely turned off my data to my phone. Only leaving the Wi Fi on for now.

I honestly think its a issue with the Wi Fi antenna now, I looked back at my history, and my other 1020 didn't do this. So that's my only conclusion for now

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Actually I can't use data sense on AT&T cause they haven't enabled it. I completely turned off my data to my phone. Only leaving the Wi Fi on for now.

I honestly think its a issue with the Wi Fi antenna now, I looked back at my history, and my other 1020 didn't do this. So that's my only conclusion for now

maybe its syncing emails or something
my phones do heat up and use roughly 200mb of data after a hard reset and restore

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That's what I thought at first, but why would it use my data when I am always on WiFi.

I seem to always be getting the lemon 1020s

ohh i get what ur trying to say
ive noticed this bug as well in wp8.1s app store where it downloads all apps using mobile network instead of wifi
ive got unlimited 3G and wifi so i ignored it but for those for limited plans it could be a problem
its definately a bug

CommandZer01

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
ohh i get what ur trying to say
ive noticed this bug as well in wp8.1s app store where it downloads all apps using mobile network instead of wifi
ive got unlimited 3G and wifi so i ignored it but for those for limited plans it could be a problem
its definately a bug

yeah I just contacted nokia support and they think that its AT&T fibbing on the amount of data I am pulling cause they made me run a few tests without the sim card plugged in and everything is functioning normally.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
yeah I just contacted nokia support and they think that its AT&T fibbing on the amount of data I am pulling cause they made me run a few tests without the sim card plugged in and everything is functioning normally.

ohh , service providers these days!!
hope u get it sorted, i guess ill have to check mine out as well!! :)

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Damn, at&t doesn't allow data sense? They want your money! It's definitely one of my favorite features. It even reduces your data on ie11 WebPages. Screw the system!

CommandZer01

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
ohh , service providers these days!!
hope u get it sorted, i guess ill have to check mine out as well!! :)

I actually took it to the store, and just got a new one. I checked how much data my phone was pulling, and my broken phone was pulling around 400 megs throughout the night, but my current one that was the replacement only pulled 6 megs. So I don't know what happened but a solid replacement seemed to have fixed the issue for now. AT&T said data sense is a "security issue" which is why they haven't allowed it...and I could smell the BS coming from that answer they gave me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2