8.1 6MP camera :/

salter0151

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I am using 8.1 preview I have taken a lot of pictures while I went to a wedding and the quality just doesn't feel good enough for a 20MP camera it doesn't look half as good.

Most shots where blurry. I remember taking a plfew pictures before updating and it looked amazing. Sharp I could see every little single hair on my dog. If I take it now I can't get it anywhere near as sharp. What can I do here ?/

EDIT: I am just getting 6MP 3072x1936

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What camera app are you using?

You can confirm the photos being put out are of 6 MP?

Um, have you poked through the settings? Hmm...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Just opened my pictures in MS Paint and they are 5376x3024. 1520, pics taken after latest 8.1 update. Nokia Cam Beta.

Some reason the default Photo Viewer in Win7 doesn't read the resolution of my High Resolution pics.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got a 1520 this week and went out this weekend and figured out I had the same issue with a brand new 1520 I put 8.1 on and then did a data wipe. It's really confusing for new users that the better camera app that uses the hi-def sensor isn't automatically installed.

The solution is in the posts above, but it's probably worth putting into one post to reduce confusion: If you are starting fresh with WP 8.1 on a 1020 or 1520, you don't have the right camera app installed by default! You need Nokia Camera from the store to take advantage of the large sensor and digital zoom as well as a ton of nice features. If you have only "Camera" or "Microsoft Camera", you need to get the newer software. Then go into settings -> applications -> photos+camera to set it as the default camera app.

salter0151

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Just got a 1520 this week and went out this weekend and figured out I had the same issue with a brand new 1520 I put 8.1 on and then did a data wipe. It's really confusing for new users that the better camera app that uses the hi-def sensor isn't automatically installed.

The solution is in the posts above, but it's probably worth putting into one post to reduce confusion: If you are starting fresh with WP 8.1 on a 1020 or 1520, you don't have the right camera app installed by default! You need Nokia Camera from the store to take advantage of the large sensor and digital zoom as well as a ton of nice features. If you have only "Camera" or "Microsoft Camera", you need to get the newer software. Then go into settings -> applications -> photos+camera to set it as the default camera app.

I got this installed auto with win 8.1 and tbh that's what I've been using its just everything seems so blurry and bad quality what it was prior to 8.1

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear, these are the settings that can affect the resolution of pictures you take:

- The setting that determines which camera opens from the camera button - can be the "default" lower resolution camera, or can be Nokia Camera. Settings -> Apps -> Photos and Camera

- The setting within Nokia Camera that determines which resolutions you want it to take

- The setting in OneDrive that determines whether it uploads in highest quality or not (This is applicable if you use OneDrive as your upload mechanism)

Sri Krishna

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeap. Have this same problem. Went back to 8.0. And poof, photos are crips as normal. Its a bug in 8.1, after the 2nd update. Now with the 3rd update im not sure have they fixed it. But im not gonna take the chance. Camera is the main reason why i bought this phone anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes