Explorer crashes

Crash31002

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Soo... I had a L1020 and loved it, but for some reason the phone wanted to go for a swim with out me. (sigh.. Long story) anyway, because my contract renews in November I was not going to spend 2 hundred or more on a new phone. Even with insurance on my plan. So I went out and got a nice little 60 dollar back up L520 I love that the amount of options for Windows OS. I have turned this little phone into a mean machine. I have updated it to 8.1 and love it. But here is the problem. My explorer will only load about a page and a half before it decides to crash and close. It started doing this when viewing tumble.now it has progressed to any page that has alot to view. I was viewing some page on smart watches and could not read past half the page. Just a little aggravating. But is this dew to the lack of ram or am I doing something wrong. please someone let me know. Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As is the first stop in our troubleshooting toolkit, try a soft reset by pressing and holding the power and volume down button until the phone vibrates.

You also might want to check in the IE settings, look for a button to clear cache among other settings.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Slightly offtopic, but I never understand this, and now I just have to ask: Why a softreset would fix this? I mean... soft reset isn't the same thing as turning the phone off and then back on? Or turning the phone off is kinda like a hibernate mode, not a real "reset"?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Slightly offtopic, but I never understand this, and now I just have to ask: Why a softreset would fix this? I mean... soft reset isn't the same thing as turning the phone off and then back on? Or turning the phone off is kinda like a hibernate mode, not a real "reset"?

I could be wrong, but I believe a soft reset cleans out and dumps additional system things a normal restart doesn't bother with.
Agh, resets have changed slightly since my Palm OS days

cameroncr95

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm having explorer issues with this phone too.

Not a big issue, but it happens when about like 5 or 6 photos are loaded, it will turn black and say "Resuming" and nothing will happen.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here with 720 but also happens on my laptop with Windows 8.1 the page start blink, next close and frezze... (Phone and lap)

Sent from my DeathMachine 720 using Tapatalk

Crash31002

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I did the soft reset and cleared all three temp file places I still have the problem at this point I think it is because of the lack of hardware I even have a 16gig SD card to add but thanks for the help everyone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes