Who is buying the Lumia 830 when it comes out?

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I wil buy it. Now I'm thinking black or orange. But here's the problem, I can't just say that I'll buy the cover/backplate and that's it. The edge is black on black version and silver/metal on others. After solving this I will know what my next phone will be.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The silver looks better with more colors, if that helps you decide. I agree the darker metal may look good with the black, but only the black. I ordered it in orange and I love it, but I also ordered the back covers in the other colors. Those haven't arrived yet but I bet the black will look just fine with the lighter metal frame :)

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I know we don't yet know the price for the L830 in US$. So, for potential US buyers, what is the most you'd be willing to pay for this device? Reasonably, I can't see them trying to sell it for more than $399. Personally, I'm not sure that I would pay more than $349, but maybe I'm just cheap.

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So I played today at a local store with a black Lumia 830. I was very disappointed to see that there still is some laggines/stuttering when returning to home screen. Now I'm reconsidering the idea to upgrade my Lumia 720 to Lumia 830.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So I played today at a local store with a black Lumia 830. I was very disappointed to see that there still is some laggines/stuttering when returning to home screen. Now I'm reconsidering the idea to upgrade my Lumia 720 to Lumia 830.

Hmm, it could be because of the demo software on there. I know here in the states the demo 635 units were a bit slower/laggier than a brand new one. The Microsoft Store rep explained that it could be because of the demo software, and they were right. My 830 isn't slow, laggy at all and I'm coming from 5 months using a 1520.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I really hope that you're right. Because eventually I will crack and get an orange 830 one (btw, black looks kinda dull)

That's the color I got, but I've also ordered the back plates in the other 3 colors :). Check out the hands-on videos with the 830 on YouTube... you'll probably find that it isn't laggy and "resuming" barely ever occurs.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, it could be because of the demo software on there. I know here in the states the demo 635 units were a bit slower/laggier than a brand new one. The Microsoft Store rep explained that it could be because of the demo software, and they were right. My 830 isn't slow, laggy at all and I'm coming from 5 months using a 1520.
I agree. Demo units in the stores are never, EVER updated to latest firmware. You'll also notice that apps are not updated and most are not connected to the WiFi network. I've yet to find a mall with good cell signal. All issues that Microsoft should look into.

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Just bought an 830 through MS store in Europe for shipping to sweden, was oddly enough the cheapest option. Paid ~388? for it which is alot cheaper then the Z3 compact as an example that runs for ~522? or the Moto X 2 for 499?. (these prices are including all vat/taxes)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, the rumor is that it will land on AT&T's shelves on Nov 7, so we'll see. I might hold off till closer to the holidays. They might have some special promotions.

freedomEd

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Bought my 830 yesterday unlocked. Loved my HTC 8X but due for an upgrade. Debated between 830 and 930, and absolutely loving my orange 830 now!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon