Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Getting frustrated here...
I checked the IMEI using the online return request.
This reports that my 3 week old 535 purchased from Newegg is out of warranty.

Looks my phone isn't covered in the US because of the variant.
I attempted to contact Newegg on-line also...got no response.

I'm somewhat concerned that even if I do get Microsoft to accept for repair I'll get the phone back showing the same problems.

Very disappointed.
At this point I just want my money back from Newegg.

I returned my phone within a week to B&H, couldn't stand the screen lag. Now waiting for the 640 XL :p

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Many Lumia 535 owners complaining!

Take it to customer service center and get them to replace the screen. This is the only solution! I have mine replaced and it is working flawlessly now!

Jhoni Iverson

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Take it to customer service center and get them to replace the screen. This is the only solution! I have mine replaced and it is working flawlessly now!
How's the touch when the phone is connected to charger or PC? What about multiple touch?

Joko Soemitro

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I got message from Microsoft Help that they still investigate about this issue. If they find it is hardware issue, then they will announce globally to replace the touch screen panel. I hope that they could finish the investigation quickly. In Indonesia, there are no return policy on any store. So we only depend on Guarantee Cover.

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

How's the touch when the phone is connected to charger or PC? What about multiple touch?
Multi-touch works fine. I don't play games so I'm ok with that. When phone is connected to charger with 5V/1A output, touch is still bad. Especially the lower part of the screen.

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I got message from Microsoft Help that they still investigate about this issue. If they find it is hardware issue, then they will announce globally to replace the touch screen panel. I hope that they could finish the investigation quickly. In Indonesia, there are no return policy on any store. So we only depend on Guarantee Cover.

Take it to the customer service center if you want it to be fixed quickly.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Sam Wong, there's no garantee at all that taking it to the Care will fix anything. If MS have not identified the cause and given clear instructions to their Care/Repair supply chain, you'll get maybe a worse screen, etc.

I'm waiting for the issue to be official to return it to the Care. Here in France, it's almost sure that the Care shop won't fix anything and will send it to the centralised repair center in the North of France, and I have no trust at all that they'll fix anything if not instructed to do so and how.

535 users have sent their devices many times to the Nokia Care in France, no systematic fix reported.

So I would be a bit less optimistic than you sound ;)

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Call before you take it to them. That what I did. I flashed the latest firmware but that didn't fix the issue. I called them and they suggested me to bring it to them and they replaced the screen. Of course you may keep on waiting for a fix from Microsoft.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok Sam, then this may differ depending on the country. As I said, in France, a Nokia Care shop won't even fix the screen locally, they'll send it to centralised supplier.

So you're right, if your country, the Nokia Care is auhtorised to change the screen, your recommendation is the way to go ;)

I'm not waiting for an update, it's Hardware. But I want to be sure the guys receiving my 535 won't return it unchanged, as other French 535 have been returned since December.

I always read different forums to detect if there's a sudden change in these returns (at least in Europe). This would mean there's an instruction given to Nokia Cares.

Now Sam, back to your repaired 535. Do you have the 5 spots working in multitouchtest?

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft 535 bug still stays, my mind says throw it on the face of the company and let them also share the burden and pain of launching defective phones! Go home Microsoft u suck!!! :D and you know it return the customers money!!! Replaced the screen, installed both updates !!

Last edited:

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft 535 bug still stays, my mind says throw it on the face of the company and let them also share the burden and pain of launching defective phones! Go home Microsoft u suck!!! :D and you know it return the customers money!!! Replaced the screen, installed both updates !!
Nokia care has my mobile since 2 week although their average time here is 1 week they said its taking longer than usual
i think Microsoft should publicly admit the mistakes in this mobile and allow users to exchange or return to care points.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This would mean there's an instruction given to Nokia Cares.

Yes, there has been since then end of February.

Did you get it repaired officially by Microsoft or use some other repair shop. Indpendant repair shops may not have the parts or knowledge about the issue that Microsft Care Centres do.

Nokia care has my mobile since 2 week although their average time here is 1 week they said its taking longer than usual
i think Microsoft should publicly admit the mistakes in this mobile and allow users to exchange or return to care points.

Well, you've just proven that they do since yours is being repaired under warranty...

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there has been since then end of February.

Did you get it repaired officially by Microsoft or use some other repair shop. Indpendant repair shops may not have the parts or knowledge about the issue that Microsft Care Centres do.

Well, you've just proven that they do since yours is being repaired under warranty...

Its repaired by an official nokia care centre, dude we know what warranty means and ya nobody would spend money to actually get this kinda crappy phone serviced, fyi I have used 5 lumias before 710,800,525,530 and 820, and been using Nokia phones since I was a Kid, I got a graduate degree and raising my voice here because I respect money and with a defective device like a lumia 535 after touch replaced by care centre and updated the software problem remains the billion dollar brand like Microsoft should take one for the team and strap on a pair and help customers with problems or stop selling defective phones, no offence but I rest my case :) if Microsoft ever reads this I hope it knocks some sense into their heads and they learn to strap on a pair and admit their faults and mistakes
So peace ✌

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've read on the MS forums that Microsoft suggest 535 users, who have applied all updates (including the March one), and whose 535 touchscreen is still defective, to send their 535 to the Care, as the Care centers would "exactly know what they have to do".

Now if we look at the videos from Italy or Germany, yes, obviously, some guys start getting their 535 REALLY fixed (touchpanel changed).

But I'd like to be sure the process is well disseminated, for instance, in the French Nokia Cares and French repair supply chain (the Nokia Care shops won't touch a Nokia, they send it to a centralised repair center in the north of France).

pepenene

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
ok, problem with my touch panel is solved. technician in nokia care center replaced my touch panel. i already had newest soft and os version installed. in care center they had no extra questions, accepted a phone, after halve hour was it finished. now i have same touch handling as my wife on her 630. i'm satisfied. finally :) unfortunatelly i dont know which type (or revision or what) is this touch panel. in service report is it not specified. but i think (and it is really only my personal feeling) that panel have a little bit different surface. so, as many says, maybe it is really a HW problem and so need HW solution. wish you success with your phones. and if you dont have so luck as i had, wait for 640. its akku live should be much more better.

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I got L535 and I haven't noticed any problem with touch...except sometimes while typing password on lock screen an alphabet is typed two times... I don't understand the fuss...so please someone make it clear for if my phone got problem I'll get it checked at Nokia center. P.s my phone is up to date.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Amit, install an app called "Multitouch test" and try registering 2, 3 4 or 5 fingers. Mine was acting good too at start and the situation is getting worse and worse. The multitouch test is objective and will show you instantly if your touchscreen is bugged or not.

Amit Mishra3

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Amit, install an app called "Multitouch test" and try registering 2, 3 4 or 5 fingers. Mine was acting good too at start and the situation is getting worse and worse. The multitouch test is objective and will show you instantly if your touchscreen is bugged or not.

I tried on my l620 and l535.. Multitouch works ok on l620 but there's definitely some bug or problem with l535... Till now I dint notice that... Gosh! So what do I do now? Is it hardware problem or software problem? Should I get my touch replaced?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon