Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

hyui

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I knew what touch panel was replaced because of the service report in which was a protocol of all changed parts. My 535 was sent to service three times. The first time they changed the device (new IMEI), the second time they replaced the touch panel with the NOK/TOUCH PNL CT2C1553-V3-E TRULY one.

then the 02060 update was published and I had to sent the device in for a third time, because of the lack of improvement. In this third repair report a touch panel replacement with a new ID was mentioned, the NOK/TOUCH PNL# CT2S1973-E TRULY. With that new touch panel generation, the device, respectively the handling of that device, improved a lot.

I do not know any possibility to identify the touch panel if it is not mentioned in any kind of report.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks that's what I thought, we usually get a report too with what was changed. As mine was repaired so quickly and IMEI was changed, I suspect I'm getting a replacement device. A shame as mine as pretty ok, didn't have so many issues with the touch screen, expect when the whole LCD died overnight of course.

diegalex

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm still having same issues with my device bought 3 weeks ago (hardware version 3.0.0. ). When people say that they have no more problems I don't know if they say that because they have tried the multi-touch test app or because they can navigate well on Windows menus. My device also works "fine" with 2 fingers in all general applications but is on multi-touch when you see real problems with 3 o 4 fingers.

I don't know if wait to another firmware update or send to support but I don't know if in my country (Spain) they are ready for screens replacement.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if wait to another firmware update or send to support but I don't know if in my country (Spain) they are ready for screens replacement.

I'd suggest getting in touch with your local care centre and talking through the options. If they beleive they can help you by servicing the phone, that's what they'll do.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Many Lumia 535 owners complaining!

So 2 finger is fine? When would you be using more than that? Just curious?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

diegalex

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

There really are few applications that use 3 or more fingers , to say , none that I use daily. Maybe, games, but I don't know exactly because I don't play on mobiles. However it is still an error present in the terminal for which your are paying to work in full, although you are not using that features.

In addition , while the phone is charging, still appear on the screen improper behavior, and I am using the official charger.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I was called from Nokia care he told me he has installed latest software and handed my the phone while working i found the same problem again as the software i installed from recovery was the latest one. They said they will change the touch screen if i insist but it wont solve the problem. I insist on change the touch panel and given phone back to them

Please tell me how to check the touch panel model from windows phone so i might know they have placed the right one in it. ?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Shan Ali Khan said:
Have you installed multi touch application and kindly let us know how much fingers its supporting ?correctly

Up to 4 if I don't move them; 3 easily, and I can move one finger leaving the 2 others where they are: it follows the moving finger correctly.

But moving all fingers together = 2 only are tracked correctly when moved simultaneously

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Im thinking about getting either a 435 or 535 for a backup/ "bar" phone.

Either would work for me, but the touch issues scare me with 535. Obviously I'd like to have the 5" and extra MP for just $10-20 more.. But not if it's going to just be a hassle.

Should I just avoid the 535 all together?

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It depends on your country. I bought mine on the Microsoft (France) store online, I had 14days to return it for no cost (same with Amazon France, not even shipping cost). You don't have to justify yourself. That's why I bought the 535, I knew I could return it easily.

If it's the same where you live, why don't you give it a try?

hyui

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

It is not just the certainty, that you like or have to use more than 2 fingers, which drives you testing that. Even an affordable device like the 535 should not have any troubles recognizing more than 2 simultaneous touch points. Otherwise it would an unique device among those Lumias, respectively all modern smartphones with capacitive touchscreens.

If the multitouch test fails it could indicate a malfunction - like in this case with the 535. Those devices not only have troubles recognizing more that 2 touch points, but have several undesirable aspects, too, and is unfortunately only one stone in that mosaic.
Just a few examples: the touchscreen recognizes "ghost touches" from time to time, it has trouble recognizing the complete trail of a swiping gesture using the wordflow keyboard, pinching and zooming only works half-decent because of those randomly occurring ghost touches and generally only if the two touch points are at least 20-25 mm (roughly 0.8-1 inch) far away from each other (otherwise the touchscreen indicates just one touch point), it is difficult to operate the touch screen in an accurate way like marking text and manipulating that marking (catching that small thingy at the beginning / end of the marking and pulling it to one direction), scrolling with a finger in contact to the screen is very bumpy and swiping is sometimes registered as a selection.

Until now there were two firmware updates launched, which were addressed to those features described above, but they could not solve them solitary. Due to a consumer observation lots of them seemed to be solved more or less with the new firmware (02060.xxxx) in combination with a new generation of touch panels (NOK/TOUCH PNL# CT2S1973-E TRULY). It seems obvious, that there is a hardware issue pending, but there isn't any official Microsoft statement yet.
There are a lot of complaining users at the nokia forum (discussions.nokia.com) regarding those touchscreen issues. The biggest discussion takes place at the italian part of that forum - with nearly 900 answers. Mobile Community - TouchScreen Lumia 535 - Microsoft Mobile Community

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Really??? They say that despite of change touch screen, it won't solve issue?!?!?
Yes he said the touch screen wont be matched like nokia old phones 520 even after placing touch screen.
I said OK but replace touch screen following "PETE" advise. Lets see when i get the phone.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Due to a consumer observation lots of them seemed to be solved more or less with the new firmware (02060.xxxx) in combination with a new generation of touch panels (NOK/TOUCH PNL# CT2S1973-E TRULY). It seems obvious, that there is a hardware issue pending, but there isn't any official Microsoft statement yet.
There are a lot of complaining users at the nokia forum (discussions.nokia.com) regarding those touchscreen issues. The biggest discussion takes place at the italian part of that forum - with nearly 900 answers. Mobile Community - TouchScreen Lumia 535 - Microsoft Mobile Community

I have given phone to nokia care center but how i will i know the model for touch panel they placed is same you are talking about.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Getting frustrated here...
I checked the IMEI using the online return request.
This reports that my 3 week old 535 purchased from Newegg is out of warranty.

Looks my phone isn't covered in the US because of the variant.
I attempted to contact Newegg on-line also...got no response.

I'm somewhat concerned that even if I do get Microsoft to accept for repair I'll get the phone back showing the same problems.

Very disappointed.
At this point I just want my money back from Newegg.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucasmorth