Lumia Camera not available on Store

pfranceschi

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
First of all, happy new year!!! Now, i just got a Lumia 830 from ATT. It says it has the Denim update. However, Nokia Camera is installed. I uninstalled the app and proceeded to the Store. I know that Microsoft renamed it to Lumia Camera. When I search for either Nokia or Lumia Camera, I can only see the Lumia Camera Classic app. I found the shortcut for the Lumia Camera app, but when I try it, it tells me it's not available. Does anybody know what's going on? Is the Lumia Camera app (non-Classic) working for any of you?

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
If you go to settings swipe left and scroll down to camera. You should be able to choose between Microsoft Camera and Nokia Camera..

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, Lumia Camera isn't available for the 830 yet. This may be due to the 830 getting dynamic flash, speed improvements, etc. but not things like 4k recording.

pfranceschi

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Lumia Camera app not available on Store

As far as I know, Lumia Camera isn't available for the 830 yet. This may be due to the 830 getting dynamic flash, speed improvements, etc. but not things like 4k recording.

That makes more sense. I will use the Lumia Camera Classic app for now. Thanks!

Fabricio A

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Heading the same problem here! I was hoping to get HDR on 830 but there's nokia camera without that option. The strange is that I saw o lot o reviews on youtube about lumia camera.. Its something to wait or I will never have HDR on my 830?

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Heading the same problem here! I was hoping to get HDR on 830 but there's nokia camera without that option. The strange is that I saw o lot o reviews on youtube about lumia camera.. Its something to wait or I will never have HDR on my 830?

You will get it, Microsoft calls its version of HDR "dynamic flash" Anytime now they will start rolling out the last bit of denim needed, and release the camera 5 app to us.

Indrajeet Singh

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My 830 came with Denim out of box. Now I don't understand why I am stuck with Lumia camera classic. I read lot of praises of Camera in Denim but had Denim from day one but none of these features in Camera Classic. There is no phone or app update neither can find Camera 5 anywhere. Can someone clear this confusion

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed the 830 came with Demin but without the improved camera app this still has to be released for the 830. I do not now when but is should be soon.
Before there was the Nokia Camera and the Nokia camera beta. The Nokia camera is changed in to Lumia camera and the Nokia camera beta in Lumia Camera classic.
Only the 830, ICON, 930 and 1520 have Lumia Camera classic and all the others Lumia Camera.
If you get the Demin update the improved camera is part of the update (930, Icon 1520) for the 830 i am not totally sure but it will get the updated camera.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry. You had to find out the hard way (like many of us), that the denim on the 830 is not the FINAL denim that will include the new Lumia Camera app. If you're really hard up to try it, there is a trick to getting it on the 830 now.

Set your phones region to Finland, reboot. When it comes back on, turn on airplane mode and only WiFi. Go into the store and search for Lumia Camera and install.

Once it installs, you'll notice something annoying when you try to launch it. It will say you don't have denim. Ignore this message, just hit back and launch the app again and it'll open fine.

Only do this if you're itching to try the app out early before us 830 owners get the REAL Denim.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Once it installs, you'll notice something annoying when you try to launch it. It will say you don't have denim. Ignore this message, just hit back and launch the app again and it'll open fine.

So I was able to install the app. Alas I'm unable to run it. I get the error which says I don't have denim. I hit back and the app again. Well I got the same message again.

Are you on DP?

Mahesh B Hiremath

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
From two months as a Lumia dealer I lost my business. No one asking for new devices they only asking about Denim firmware update I think they fealing unsecured, it's worst moment in India....

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Got it working now. But I don't see the HDR mode and dynamic flash or rich capture. But the app launch time is so SO much more faster than the old app.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Set your phones region to Finland, reboot. When it comes back on, turn on airplane mode and only WiFi. Go into the store and search for Lumia Camera and install.

Only do this if you're itching to try the app out early before us 830 owners get the REAL Denim.
Very useful!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar