Sprint SOON!

cerebasan

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty excited! This will be my first native WP. I have tried the 520 before non activated but am really excited about being about to use a WP as my primary phone. I'm an iPhone 6 user and I know I'm giving up some features but I really want to try WP as my daily driver and see how it goes.
I'm wondering how easy it will be to get the phone on launch day though. The Sprint reseller I spoke with tonight said it would be not in stock with them and I would have to 3 day order it once it was in their system. I would hope it would not be more than $180 off contract. Sprint does get a little crazy about pricing. And Boost sells it for $99 off contract....

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
The 635 doesn't have 1 gig of ram, so you won't be able to use all of the apps in the store, but most of the important ones will work. It's mostly high end games that you'll be missing out on.

cerebasan

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering about the price though. Sprint has it on easy pay for seven dollars a month. I was hoping off contract to be around a hundred or so.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Must be a really, really high interest rate being charged for that monthly plan.

You could purchase one locked to another carrier and pay to have it unlocked cheaper, I would imagine. Just a guess, though, never done the unlocking so don't know how it works. I'd check it out at least.

I just checked, and the Microsoft Store is selling the unlocked version for $179. I guess $170 isn't so bad compared to that, however, you're getting a locked phone. (Granted, you should be able to unlock it after 2 years for free.)

Still, $170 is way too high for a 635.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Why bother with the 635 on Sprint when you can get it a lot cheaper or even free on other carriers with much better coverage and pricing? I got a 635 GoPhone on the Black Friday deal for $39.95 and use it on H2O's $30 per month plan. The GoPhone versions work on any AT&T MVNO without unlocking and if you don't like one you can just get a new sim and switch to another. There are also a ton of MVNOs on TMobile, or even TM itself that offer phones for less and inexpensive service. Seriously, what's the appeal of Sprint?

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 630 for my son. It was for his birthday. I signed up at Cricket and paid $99 for the phone, but also got a $50 mail in rebate, bringing the total cost for the phone to $49. He loves it. Not sure what the difference is between the two.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Just checked. Cricket has deals on the 635 right now. The phone is $74.99 right now but there is a $75 mail in rebate. That is a pretty good deal, and Cricket is on AT&T network, so pretty good coverage. If you decide to go with Cricket, pm me and I can get you an additional $25 account credit that would be applied on your 3rd or 4th month of service.

cerebasan

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I went and bought it outright this morning. Typing on it now. It's nicer than the 520 I was trying out previously. I got it for $100 after trading in a phone. I'm a long term sprint customer and this one looks nice.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I went and bought it outright this morning. Typing on it now. It's nicer than the 520 I was trying out previously. I got it for $100 after trading in a phone. I'm a long term sprint customer and this one looks nice.

Congrats! I think you'll enjoy your new toy!

cerebasan

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I am enjoying it so far. I've been a Mac/iPhone user for a long time and wanted to try Windows/WP and so far am enjoying it. Most of the apps I want are there and I think eventually the rest will follow or honestly I'll just forget about them. I'm really wanting to try this phone out without a case or a screen protector but I'm too chicken. 🐔

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint's Lumia 635 has some features that aren't in the Boost and Virgin models. Boost and Virgins models are cdma/lte only, Sprint's has GSM world bands in them. So it's $168. A barging compared to what people paid for the htc8xt which only had a dual core soc and no replaceable battery and 1 lte band all for $399 outright.

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Sprint's Lumia 635 has some features that aren't in the Boost and Virgin models. Boost and Virgins models are cdma/lte only, Sprint's has GSM world bands in them.

Lumia 635 from all three carriers is exactly the same. Model RM-1078 Product Code 059W4L7

A lot of settings depend on provisioning during activation.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I got mine from T-Mobile for $168 over two years, right after it came out because I desperately needed a new phone (my android was going crazy), and while now it certainly seems expensive in comparison, that $7 a month sure helps with the budget while I finish school on my savings, even though it will cost more in the long term. I've learned a lot since then on these forums, so next time I need a phone, I can hunt out the best deal, but I still feel like depending on your needs, the $7/2 year thing isn't bad.

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Why bother with the 635 on Sprint when you can get it a lot cheaper or even free on other carriers with much better coverage and pricing? I got a 635 GoPhone on the Black Friday deal for $39.95 and use it on H2O's $30 per month plan. The GoPhone versions work on any AT&T MVNO without unlocking and if you don't like one you can just get a new sim and switch to another. There are also a ton of MVNOs on TMobile, or even TM itself that offer phones for less and inexpensive service. Seriously, what's the appeal of Sprint?

I need that H2O micro SIM! How is the coverage though? GoPhone's coverage is better than Cricket but worse than AT&T. And how much LTE do you get on H2O for that price?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon