How do I stop email from from being deleted?

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Stop email from from being deleted

Love my Lumia 930 running Denim.

A setting I cannot find on the phone is to leave old email in the Inbox. Occasionally I have email with important details for a future event. I've just left those in the inbox to refer to later as the event approaches. But there seems to be an automatic removal of email from the phone's Inbox after a certain time. Can this be changed?

(The email remain in my outlook.com Inbox - they just don't show on the phone.)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Stop email from from being deleted

Love my Lumia 930 running Denim.

A setting I cannot find on the phone is to leave old email in the Inbox. Occasionally I have email with important details for a future event. I've just left those in the inbox to refer to later as the event approaches. But there seems to be an automatic removal of email from the phone's Inbox after a certain time. Can this be changed?

(The email remain in my outlook.com Inbox - they just don't show on the phone.)

Head over to Settings > email + accounts > select the email account of concern > set "Download email from" to "any time".

This feature prevents the phone from accumulating a lot of email, which would eat up a lot of storage space. You can choose how long the emails stay in your phone there. Hence, the longer the emails stay in your phone, the more space the accumulated email will consume especially if your receive a lot of mail.

Lost 2 Shirts

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like it has more to do with the sync settings than anything. By default I think it only syncs 2 weeks of mail.

Last edited:

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Stop email from from being deleted

Alternatively, you could Flag individual emails as needed. Flagged emails have a separate pivot so they're easy to find. This will save you the trouble of scrolling through a huge inbox.

Long press the email from Inbox and an option to "set flag" will pop up. Or you can press the ellipses button while reading the email and one option will be "toggle flag". You can also use multi-select and Flag multiple emails at once.

This works for me with my Exchange and Outlook accounts, but not Yahoo.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon