Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Using Bluetooth on UConnect is wonky. I can usually stream audio OK with Groove music but it sometimes just stops and often requires a reboot of phone. Once, the Bluetooth crashed my sound system but rebooting the phone helped. The build in text to speech via UConnect dukes it out with Cortana and usually wins...sometimes UConnect will start and then Cortana will jump in.

Actually, I've had similar issues with my Icon running WP8.1/Denim with my Chevy Equinox's infotainment system. If I'm streaming music via BT and I get a text message in, it sometimes causes my car's system to have a conniption. Especially, if I get more than one text in rapid succession. My car's BT connection drops and even after the connection is reestablished won't talk to my phone. I have to reboot my phone for it to work. I also have a LG Tone Infinim BT headset and it acts a little wonky with that as well. It'll drop the connection for no reason.

This also happens when I'm using voice nav with Here Drive+, and I get a text. It most often happens when I get more than one text in rapid succession or if I'm in an area that I get a rapid succession of directions.

My 928 didn't have that problem, and I didn't have any problems with my Galaxy Note II either.

Vincent Baeri

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
My Icon shows that there is an update available (2 actually) but it has been stuck on 0% for downloading the update for a long time. Anyone else have this problem?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed, but my phone is resetting right now. I had put one of the prior builds on my Icon back when whatever build it was that was the first one that would work on Icon. I rolled it back to 8.1 that day, because the phone was cooking in the holster. Last night I installed the latest build because it sounded like it was going to be stable enough for me to rely on. At this point, I'm not sure. It was still cooking in my holster, and I haven't received a single text message today, and I don't know if my wife has gotten any that I've sent her. So before rolling back to 8.1 again, I figured I'd give resetting a try and see if that would make it work better. I mean, sitting on the wireless charger at my desk, it's actually discharging the battery (before starting the reset). If it doesn't work better after resetting, I'll be rolling back to 8.1 again. :straight:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
On my Lumia 635 this build is a lot faster and smoother than the previous one, so I'm tempted to put it on my Icon... I had an early build on the Icon and it definitely wasn't ready for primetime. But this one seems like it might be.
I'll wait for hopmedic's verdict though. ;)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Download went till 23%. Kept the phone.took it after half an hour. 13% downloaded... -_- . How is it goin backwards!!!
Don't worry about the percentages. They seem to be buggy. Leave it alone and let it do its job - my 635 install was the slowest it's ever been.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Took me a few hours total to download and install this on my Icon. I also had to reset twice since the first time made the start screen disappear! Weird bug for sure. Now its all setup, I really like this build, so much faster and stable. There are occasionally delay in geting to start or lock screen but not too bad. I am using this as my primary phone so we'll see how it goes. So far, I used it to navigate with WAZE to work while playing Pandora in the background with no issue than Waze is always showing 'loading' until I hit back button. Battery life is not great like 8.1 yet, but this is expected.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
If someone could also share its performance with the Microsoft band, it would be greatly appreciated. Prior builds just didnt get my textx msgs to my band all that reliably.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
While the phone was running backup, I thought it was going to start the house on fire. It was sitting on the monitor shelf in front of my SP3 - there's wireless charger built into the monitor shelf. It's still working on downloading apps, but has cooled off some. I have also sent and received texts to/from my wife with success since the restore. It's going to be a while before I'll know if it will be running without melting in my belt holster, since it is working so much right now at downloading and installing apps. We'll see.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, my battery is now at 100%, still 155 apps left to install (yes, I do need to go through and delete a bunch of apps that don't get used).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, here's my verdict so far: I'm probably going to roll back to 8.1. I wish it weren't so. I took the phone out with me this evening, and the only problem was the first time I tried to use it, I couldn't. Loading... Forever. On the start screen. Finally, it did come up, many minutes later. The phone didn't overheat, like I was concerned that it would, and it didn't seem to suck a whole lot of battery. Of course, it was in my holster not getting used. After that, it worked fine for a little bit, with only limited use. I was in a funeral home, so wasn't using it much, other than when someone from my church pulled out his wife's phone and wanted me to fix Cortana for her (she had it set to the wrong region). When I got home, I was playing with it a little, and of course it started heating up, because I resumed the downloads that I'd paused before leaving. But then (I don't remember why), I restarted the phone. Since then I have only seen the start screen once. I can get to apps if I type them into Cortana. But I can't get the start screen. I tried switching the background off, as I saw in a post somewhere. While that seemed to help initially (that was probably just coincidence), I'm back to the loading loop.

I don't have time to revert to 8.1 right now, and won't until tomorrow after I get back home from a funeral, so I'm forced to see how it does until then. But at this point, it is likely that I'll be rolling back to 8.1.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Well, here's my verdict so far: I'm probably going to roll back to 8.1. I wish it weren't so. I took the phone out with me this evening, and the only problem was the first time I tried to use it, I couldn't. Loading... Forever. On the start screen. Finally, it did come up, many minutes later. The phone didn't overheat, like I was concerned that it would, and it didn't seem to suck a whole lot of battery. Of course, it was in my holster not getting used. After that, it worked fine for a little bit, with only limited use. I was in a funeral home, so wasn't using it much, other than when someone from my church pulled out his wife's phone and wanted me to fix Cortana for her (she had it set to the wrong region). When I got home, I was playing with it a little, and of course it started heating up, because I resumed the downloads that I'd paused before leaving. But then (I don't remember why), I restarted the phone. Since then I have only seen the start screen once. I can get to apps if I type them into Cortana. But I can't get the start screen. I tried switching the background off, as I saw in a post somewhere. While that seemed to help initially (that was probably just coincidence), I'm back to the loading loop.

I don't have time to revert to 8.1 right now, and won't until tomorrow after I get back home from a funeral, so I'm forced to see how it does until then. But at this point, it is likely that I'll be rolling back to 8.1.

Did u do a clean install?

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
ended up going to 10 last night. so far so good. wunderlist is broken but other apps work ok.
can't get search button to activate cortana on long press, and can't find any cortana settings either (weird).
battery seems pretty bad, but I'll give it a couple of days before bailing back to 8.1

did not reset after install. surprised that things work so well despite not having done reset. lots of contact groups and settings I'd rather not start from scratch, but if battery suckage persists I might have to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes