Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow - the start screen is fixed! Camera didn't crash! Lumia Camera and beta are gone, though, but allegedly they're bringing that functionality into Camera. I'll have to watch to see if updates are fixed, but for the moment, I still can't open Age of Empires Castle Siege, and it's not giving me the install button in the store.

I agree, though, it is definitely faster, just in the two minutes I've used the phone. :grin:

EDIT: AoE just gave me the update button and it seems to be installing. We will see (as it has repeatedly failed before).

EDIT: AoE and Podcast+ Pro are still both erring out on the update. :frown: Also, the Windows Central app is faster to switch between the news list and individual articles, but it still isn't near as fast as it was on WP8.x

EDIT: AoE and Podcast+ Pro both finally had success in updating the apps. It's about time - it's been a week or more, if I remember correctly. This build DEFINITELY has improvements that I can see. I haven't been able to say that for the last several builds.

Last edited:

Todd Acheson

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I deployed the fast-track W10 on my ICON today.
But, no Wi-Fi.
Is this normal?
I get the message:
"Can't do this right now. Try again in a litlle while..."

Is there a workaround?
I've approached my limit on cell downloads with all the updates that came after the first one.

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I deployed the fast-track W10 on my ICON today.
But, no Wi-Fi.
Is this normal?
I get the message:
"Can't do this right now. Try again in a litlle while..."

Is there a workaround?
I've approached my limit on cell downloads with all the updates that came after the first one.

Did you try rebooting the phone? If that doesn't fix it you might have to do a hard reset (data wipe).

Todd Acheson

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! Hard Reset did the trick, and restored my Win10 saved settings.
Gonna suck getting that Verizon Bill late next month though. i've used 75% of my 3gb family shared load and my turnover is the 26th each month.
rats.
oh well, I'm really liking the win10 so far..

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Updated to the new build today as well. Curious if battery life is indeed better as noted in the log. Got Hey Cortana to work!

Todd Acheson

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
So what's the trick to get my first generation Microsoft Band to connect with BlueTooth?
Pairing always fails. It can see it, but refuses to pair with it.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Updated to the new build today as well. Curious if battery life is indeed better as noted in the log. Got Hey Cortana to work!

I updated mine too. So far so good! Battery life seems about the same as on 10549 so far but it's always hard to tell right away. Glad that Hey Cortana is back!

Todd Acheson

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Figured it out.
Factory reset the band, then it paired.
Had to "add" a band in the Microsoft Health app

But still no success...always get the "Oops...an unknown error occurred with your band."

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I left my Icon unplugged over night. Battery dropped from about 75% to about 3%. Was really hoping for better than that.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I left my Icon unplugged over night. Battery dropped from about 75% to about 3%. Was really hoping for better than that.

The first couple of days after an upgrade, especially if you hard reset, will always have more intense battery usage. Hopefully it should get better.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
upgraded last night, only issue ive had is edge will not open. ive tried a soft reset multiple times with 0 luck, what r hard reset steps for win 10

Todd Acheson

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I had similar problems, and after a hard reset most issues self-resolved.
Hard-Reset Instructions...google it. I can't post a link due to I have less than 10 posts (newbie)
it's a series of button presses that worked the first time I tried it.

Battery life seems a bit marginal so far. I connected with a gotoMeeting/gotoWebinar today for an hour and lost 1/2 my battery life. That seems a bit much, but there is visual component to the GTM stuff that could relate to the large battery drain.
GoToMeeting App operated flawlessly for me, which is good.

Those of you with a 1st Gen Microsoft Band:
Hard-Reset Phone
Factory-Reset Band
Uninstall Microsoft Health
Pair the band with Bluetooth
Re-install Microsoft Health
back to normal :)

The Microsoft Podcast App crashes every time I attempt to download. I've had it with that app anyways...always buggy and often would soft-reset my phone at the end of a podcast.
Instead I broke down and spent $2.99 on Podcast Pro +. Lovin' it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes