Has anyone on a Lumia 920 AT&T received denim yet?

bsjackso

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The only feature that I am really looking for from denim is the folder functionality and I don't really want to put it on the developer preview again. Has anyone with a Lumia 920 on AT&T have this?

Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No.

Use the Developer Preview again because "Denim" on the 920 is only a name change for Cyan. It's not much different than it would be with an official update in this case.

Just turn it on, get to 8.1 Update 1 (which adds folders, NOT Lumia Denim itself) and turn if off again. (might take a couple update rounds)

bsjackso

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I am aware of the developers preview route as well as what it would actually bring to the 920. I was just hoping it would have been pushed to give us folders is all. Last time I was on DP it it was running great for a while but it crashed one day and I had data loss on my daily driver. I was just trying to avoid that again.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I am aware of the developers preview route as well as what it would actually bring to the 920. I was just hoping it would have been pushed to give us folders is all. Last time I was on DP it it was running great for a while but it crashed one day and I had data loss on my daily driver. I was just trying to avoid that again.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Sounds like bad luck to me, but if you don't want to, there's some Nokia app that simulates folders.

How about the "Hey Cortana" functionality? Doesn't it come with the Denim update??

Hey Cortana is a feature only for the newer high-end phones with a Snapdragon 800+. Such as the Lumia 930.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So... will we ever get denim? What will happen when Windows10 is released? Will we get that, or have to wait until the 920 is upgraded to Denim before getting W10?
-Just a Windows user/fan with my 920, never used the developer preview and don't want to have to to get an update.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So... will we ever get denim? What will happen when Windows10 is released? Will we get that, or have to wait until the 920 is upgraded to Denim before getting W10?
-Just a Windows user/fan with my 920, never used the developer preview and don't want to have to to get an update.

I think if AT&T is not pushed or nudged by Microsoft 920 owners have the last update we will ever get. AT&T does not care.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

No, which isn't too bad considering Denim for older devices isn't much of an update. Its Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (and 2 i suppose) that are desirable.

Lumia Denim is not required for Windows 10. I can confirm that.

But will MS control the rollout of 10, or will the carriers? My understanding that MS has more control over updates to 10, but whether that includes the initial release remains to be seen. I recommend using the Developer Preview actually, since it isn't that much different from what you would get officially theoretically.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting ATT 920 USA

At this point I will have probably upgraded to a Win 10 phone by the time ATT 920's get Denim. I really hope MS takes full control over updates with Win 10. This carrier/model update delay crap is ridiculous.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting ATT 920 USA

At this point I will have probably upgraded to a Win 10 phone by the time ATT 920's get Denim. I really hope MS takes full control over updates with Win 10. This carrier/model update delay crap is ridiculous.

Just use the Preview for Developers. The chief drawback of it originally was the lack of included firmware. But in this case, there isn't a firmware to include. (except maybe changing the name from Cyan to Denim) so just get that and enjoy. (or get that and start worrying about 10)

I'm suspecting ATT's done with the model and the 820.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
No, which isn't too bad considering Denim for older devices isn't much of an update. Its Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (and 2 i suppose) that are desirable.

Lumia Denim is not required for Windows 10. I can confirm that.

But will MS control the rollout of 10, or will the carriers? My understanding that MS has more control over updates to 10, but whether that includes the initial release remains to be seen. I recommend using the Developer Preview actually, since it isn't that much different from what you would get officially theoretically.

What about this FAQ from MS ??
Will Windows 10 update be available for my Lumia phone? - Microsoft - USA
"Only phones running Lumia Denim (OS version 8.10.14219.341, or higher) can take advantage of the upgrade to Windows 10."

Only about 50% of the Lumia phone models in the US have the Denim update available.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
What about this FAQ from MS ??
Will Windows 10 update be available for my Lumia phone? - Microsoft - USA
"Only phones running Lumia Denim (OS version 8.10.14219.341, or higher) can take advantage of the upgrade to Windows 10."

Only about 50% of the Lumia phone models in the US have the Denim update available.

All Lumia/Nokia phones from the lowly 520 up have the Denim update in Canada, this is the company that is crowing now about record profits AT&T but refuse to roll out updates to their customers.

And the most laughable part about that is they are bottom end phones with only 512mb RM and not even close processor of the 920. The 635 on AT&T has got Denim now.

Gaz B

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
For those who have installed the developer preview for W10, how is the performance of the phone? Are 920 specs good enough to run W10 smoothly?
I observed that my 920 slowed down a little bit after Wp 8.1. Especially the music player and whatsapp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard