Detect phone as removable USB in OSX El-Capitan?

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone here know how to get the phone detected in USB data mode in OSX El-Capitan?I have a rmbp. I've tried the Windows Phone app but it does not work. The osx Photos app will open automatically when I connect the usb cable but the phone is not showing.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Phone not showing in osx most likely due to lack of drivers. Best to format an SD chip in exFAT format and copy data to/from it instead of the phone. Faster data transfer rate anyways.

But let me know it ends up working somehow via phone.

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Phone not showing in osx most likely due to lack of drivers. Best to format an SD chip in exFAT format and copy data to/from it instead of the phone. Faster data transfer rate anyways.

But let me know it ends up working somehow via phone.

Tried that with 2 different microSD cards. Still didn't work.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Waughy

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to transfer music to my Surface 3 and put it on the phone from there. Only reason I hadn't done it before is the Surface isn't set up yet so I can't use it (waiting for internet to be connected in new house). I was hoping I could just connect the phone to my mac and use the windows phone app, just like I did with the 640XL I had, running W10M preview.

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to transfer music to my Surface 3 and put it on the phone from there. Only reason I hadn't done it before is the Surface isn't set up yet so I can't use it (waiting for internet to be connected in new house). I was hoping I could just connect the phone to my mac and use the windows phone app, just like I did with the 640XL I had, running W10M preview.

Yeah it's disappointing. Either Microsoft needs to either update that Windows Phone app or the phone os.

Waughy

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it's disappointing. Either Microsoft needs to either update that Windows Phone app or the phone os.

I'm thinking it's the USB-C driver that's missing, so the phone can't be seen by the app. Hopefully that'll be addressed soon, or Apple will be dicks and not support it at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes