How to install AU / Latest Release Preview??

rruffman07

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
So just received my x3 today trying to update to latest release preview, when prompted to reboot the phone stays in a constant reboot cycle shows hp logo -> blue screen with nothing on it -> reboot -> back to hp logo.. I cant even power it down have to catch it on reboot and hit vol up get the lightning bolt and cog wheel screen then I can use the WDRT to restore... I see many have successfully updated their phones so I am asking what is the trick to get this to work???

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Deleted. While I was complaining about not getting into the Insider Program the x3 was downloading the release preview version.

Last edited:

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I recommend removing an SD card if you have on before doing the AU or RS2 updates. I have heard of issues, even Zac had it, but at least for me I jumped to AU and RS2 with no issues at all.

Random Parsley

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I recommend removing an SD card if you have on before doing the AU or RS2 updates. I have heard of issues, even Zac had it, but at least for me I jumped to AU and RS2 with no issues at all.

With my x3 to arrive next week, can I ask if I'm interpreting you correctly that your best advice, if this is going to be my daily driver, is to go Insider and move to RS2? These days in my old age I tend to run production releases on everything (years ago as an IT Director I tended to have betas of everything, going back to Windows 2000 and the first DP offerings for WP), but if Insider and RS2 makes (currently) for the most stable platform with the x3, that's the route I'll go.

Thanks to the entire community for all of the awesome information here.

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I've tried and tried to get the latest fast build to install and can't. Just did a full restore with WDRT, enrolled and it downloads then goes to install the update. Reboot, get spinning cogs, immediate reboot, then a generic there were problems installing error. I've tried removing tried he SIM and tray. Any other Ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb