Headphone Jack Help

JR6851

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't find anything searching the forum.
I just got the Lumia 650. Messed around with it for a day testing things. Plugged in a selfie stick to see if it would work, which it did not.

Now, when I plug in headphones, my phone automatically opens the camera app. Is there a setting to shut this off?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
very strange behavior, i would have taken the device back to the retailer/ vendor who sold it to me for an inspection and possibly getting a replacement as it is barely a day or two old.

JR6851

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
It's not the device, it was something I did.
I now remember what I did, but cant find the setting to change it back. When I plugged in the selfie stick, I got a message asking me what to do when I plugged in this device, and I selected open camera. My headphones have a built in mic, so I think the phone is assuming it is the same device. I'd rather have it do nothing.
If anyone can point me to where this setting is, I would appreciate it.

womble_be

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Go to the gadgets app (in all apps list..not settings). Select "Wired accessory". Swipe to go to customise and change the option "When I connect this accessory". Either to do nothing or open app (groove music or similar)

JR6851

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Go to the gadgets app (in all apps list..not settings). Select "Wired accessory". Swipe to go to customise and change the option "When I connect this accessory". Either to do nothing or open app (groove music or similar)

THANK YOU!! That was driving me nuts. I stared at the settings for hours yesterday trying to figure this out.

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by JR6851
Originally Posted by womble_be

THANK YOU!! That was driving me nuts. I stared at the settings for hours yesterday trying to figure this out.

Was gonna give a similar reply as given above. I'm glad this was fixed. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon