Proximity And Ambient Light Sensor Failure

sb1370

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Starting some weeks ago I noticed the proximity sensor doesn't work at all. Also the ambient light sensor doesn't work.
It happened before that they stopped working for a moment but now they totally stopped working. I tried Hard reset and WDRT but no effect. I was on build 15063.
I tried Lumia Phone Test Application and here are the results:
Capture.PNG
Since the phone is out of warranty, I don't think going to a service center would worth it. Any suggestion?

Sagnik Pal

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
They suddenly stopped working? I can see that it must not be a software issue, because you already hard-resetted, and used WDRT (and atleast WDRT should be able to bring back any lost drivers as seen in the Lumia Phone Test Application). Try updating back to the latest version to see if anything changes.

If you think it's an hardware issue and you are not willing to go to the service centre for costs, try going to third-party repair stores. They should be able to get spare parts for your device and install them at a much lower price. If you are a risk-taker like me, you can get the two sensors on ebay and follow some tutorials on youtube to install them yourself.

Hope this helps. Comment if you need to ask anything. Best of Luck!

sb1370

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Last night when I received a call, I noticed the proximity sensor is working again. So I did a test and found the sensors working!
Report.PNG
The only Thing I remember I did was connecting headset and listening to FM radio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss