Lumia 735 daily driver - Creators Update?

TJN735

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
I have a Lumia 735 on Verizon. It is the only Windows phone on Verizon and there is nothing to update to. My VZW contract runs for six more months. I was an Insider on Release Preview but got out when the Creators update was released. I am not happy with the Anniversary update - lost features, it's boring, and new apps aren't compatible. I have heard that some who updated to Creators update had good experiences with the 735 even though it's unsupported. Is anybody using a 735 as a daily driver on the Creators Update?

By the way, I actually tried switching to an iPhone I bought off e-Bay because I feel like nobody cares about the Anniversary Update at this point. But the 5c I bought was much worse. When I tried to set it up with Outlook it completely drained the battery in a few hours. People knock Windows phones but I found the 735 is actually a very nice phone for the price. Too bad we are stuck in limbo with Microsoft.

K4m1k4z3_WP

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I hopped on Insider so that I could get Creators Update. I'm out now but I've remained on the regular release schedule. Current version is 15063.483. It works fine as a daily driver. There are some minor issues that bother me somewhat - Digital Video Stabilization makes video recording choppy and manual shutter speed is not working, but that has to do with the Camera app itself I think as those issues have been there even before CU. Otherwise can't complain about CU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon