Got a Surface 2 but its not being used

Aeyoun

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'ma closeted Microsoft fan-boy. But I find little use for my Surface 2. Its mostly just laying around collecting dust. I'm a bit embittered for not getting the Pro (a "real PC"). Any hot tips for how I can find renewed love for the device? It cannot really be used for any type of gaming. It could have been saved by Steam's In-Home-Streaming, but that wouldn't Work on WinRT.

I spend most of my time on a Lenovo laptop. But I keep stabbing my fingers at the screen. Embarrassingly often, actually. So I clearly want to use a tablet.

I kind of considered starting developing apps for the platform. However, my home country--Norway--is not supported by Microsoft InAppAds and the tax situation for selling Windows Apps seems like a pain compared to Android and iOS/OS X. So its mostly just sitting unused.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, the Windows Store isn't swimming in games but it still has some gems in there.

It's probably just a semi-redundant device compared to your laptop. I once borrowed an RT from a friend and found it and my main laptop stepped on each other's toes, where my laptop was usually favored. Maybe you're looking to use a laptop with a touchscreen or a hybrid, they exist, maybe swapping both devices out for one in between is an option.

See what its benefits are - its slimmer, lighter, maybe lasts longer and is stealthier. (fanless-ness is always nice)
If the tablet just isn't doing it for you, I don't see how one can force a relationship with it.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I just typed notes in it for an up coming test. My wife and I use it daily for FB and twitter. I browse the net all the time and use tapatalk daily to visit my favorite forums. Also use it for Netflex.

kentuc7941

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the 360 USB controller and it is plugged in to a 55" TV for some classic SNES emulator games. Also have some racing games I like to play. Waiting on my HDMI to DVI converter and going to see if I can use my Surface 2 as a complete replacement for a desktop computer by plugging in a monitor, 4 port USB hub, wireless keyboard/mouse and external USB SATA drive. Most of the things I do with a desktop I should be able to complete with this, just have to find a replacement for some software that I can't install. That what will make it a challenge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes