Can I get some help with USB Data Transfer Speed with DJ Controller?

SubCamp

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Help with USB Data Transfer Speed with DJ Controller

Hi all,

I am using a Surface Pro 3 with a USB 3.0 Powered Hub and plugged into that is a Pioneer DDJ-SB, and a Wireless Keyboard & Mouse. When I go to use the DJ controller with Serato DJ it lags a ton. When I plug the DJ Controller directly into the Surface I am able to use it without issue, however, I'd like to be able to use my keyboard and mouse as it makes it a lot easier when mixing.

The DJ controller comes with a USB 2.0 cable (not sure what its called but you get the wire with most printers) and I'm wondering if I can get a similar wire that is USB 3.0 or if that would even work.

Can anyone help?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help with USB Data Transfer Speed with DJ Controller

Hi all,

I am using a Surface Pro 3 with a USB 3.0 Powered Hub and plugged into that is a Pioneer DDJ-SB, and a Wireless Keyboard & Mouse. When I go to use the DJ controller with Serato DJ it lags a ton. When I plug the DJ Controller directly into the Surface I am able to use it without issue, however, I'd like to be able to use my keyboard and mouse as it makes it a lot easier when mixing.The DJ controller comes with a USB 2.0 cable (not sure what its called but you get the wire with most printers) and I'm wondering if I can get a similar wire that is USB 3.0 or if that would even work.

Can anyone help?

Based upon what you just said, the DDJ-SB is a USB 2.0 device. It has a standard USB - Type B connector. Therefore, you will not get USB 3.0 speeds from a USB 3.0 port OR hub. It also sounds like your wireless keyboard & mouse are interfering with the mixer. It is causing the hub to run at a lower data rate than the mixer. Try using the hub without the wireless adaptor plugged in. You can also get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse as well, that would negate the need for a wireless adaptor.

Finally, USB 3.0 cables are not compatible with USB 2.0 and earlier devices; the connector is physically different.

You could also get the SP3 docking station which has multiple USB ports and therefore you won't need the hub.

Here is a picture of what all of the connector types look like.
amazonbasics_cablefinder_final_2.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes