My Wireless Adapter Just Quit

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Carrying my Surface Pro3 from one room to another, my wireless network adapter quit working. Not sure what's going on, I checked all the pieces in the pipe - cable modem, no problem, wireless router, no problem. I can plug an ethernet cable into the SP3 dock, no problem. It's just when trying to use a wireless network connection that it doesn't work. The error message was something like Windows can't mount the wireless adapter drivers. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless adapter, etc. I'm going to have to get my IT department to take a look, but for the short term, I bought a USB to wireless adapter. Works fine, again verifying the system is solid, it's something internal to the SP3.

Anyone else experience wifi issues?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Carrying my Surface Pro3 from one room to another, my wireless network adapter quit working. Not sure what's going on, I checked all the pieces in the pipe - cable modem, no problem, wireless router, no problem. I can plug an ethernet cable into the SP3 dock, no problem. It's just when trying to use a wireless network connection that it doesn't work. The error message was something like Windows can't mount the wireless adapter drivers. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless adapter, etc. I'm going to have to get my IT department to take a look, but for the short term, I bought a USB to wireless adapter. Works fine, again verifying the system is solid, it's something internal to the SP3.

Anyone else experience wifi issues?

the issues I used to get is wifi just disappearing, at least until I restart then the wifi comes back. I would recommend some solutions but you've tried them already

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a virtual WiFi adapter installed? If so, disable it. I had the same issue after installing ReadyNAS Remote. ReadyNAS Remote installed a virtual wireless adapter which interfered with according my wireless display adapter.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I intermittently get this issue. It eventually comes back after multiple restarts. I think I've read it has something to do with the Marvell adapter being very flaky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon