Nokia Music stealing from its customers???

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I ran into a problem this morning when i purchased a song off of Nokia music service, below is the entire chat transcript i had with Nokia Care when I questioned the charge

Disconnect
Print

Robbie Listening
Robbie: Hi, my name is Robbie. Thank you for contacting Nokia Care Chat. How may I help you?
Robbie (14:25:16)

Hello.
Robbie (14:25:21)

How are you today?
steve1a1a@ (14:25:51)

hi, i purchased a song off of nokia music this morning, i was billed for the song but then i was billed $1.56 as well by OVI.com what is this charge???
Robbie (14:26:39)

Can you please elaborate more your concern for me to address you properly?
Robbie (14:26:41)

Thank you.
steve1a1a@ (14:30:21)

This morning, using nokia music i purchased a song on my phone, i was billed $1.26 for the song, immediately after that purchase i was billed an additional $1.56 the email notification i received said it was from OVI.COM, when i click on that link to find out who billed it takes me to a page from here maps, why was i charge the $1.56 and what was it for???
Robbie (14:31:06)

I am sorry to hear that. Let me see what I can do to assist you with your concern. Before we proceed, may I know your full name please?
steve1a1a@ (14:31:22)

Steven
Robbie (14:31:31)

Thank you for the information.
Robbie (14:32:09)

One moment please while I check on your concern.
Robbie (14:36:24)

Thank you for waiting.
Robbie (14:36:28)

Sorry for the delay.
Robbie (14:36:44)

Can you please provide me your Nokia Account?
steve1a1a@(14:36:57)

steve1a1a@
Robbie (14:37:34)

Thank you for the information.
Robbie (14:42:38)

Thank you for patiently waiting.
Robbie (14:42:41)

Sorry for the delay.
Robbie (14:43:51)

Are you still there?
steve1a1a@ (14:43:56)

yes
Robbie (14:43:59)

Good to hear that.
Robbie (14:46:16)

Upon consulting from our senior technicians, the additional $1.56 that was charged to you will be return to you.
steve1a1a@ (14:47:30)

fine when? and why was i charged, what is this, and IF i decide to use your services again will this occur agian????
Robbie (14:48:05)

It will not happen again.
Robbie (14:48:17)

It is normal that you will be charge by using our services.
Robbie (14:48:31)

Please try to wait for 2-4 business days and it will be return back to you.
steve1a1a@ (14:48:39)

WHY did it happen in the first place!!!!
Robbie (14:50:10)

I understand your concern and what you are feeling right now.
steve1a1a@ (14:50:12)

explain that what do you mean its normal to be charged additional money beyond what i was buying???
Robbie (14:50:16)

I do apologize for the inconvenience.
steve1a1a@ (14:55:32)

hello? do you have an answer for me???
Robbie (14:57:13)

Yes. I am still here.
Robbie (14:58:15)

Upon checking and consulting for more information from our senior technicians, it was a test for your credit card if it is working. Once you will subscribe to our services it is normal that you will be charge for additional fee.
Robbie (14:58:24)

You do not need to worry it will be returned to you.
steve1a1a@ (15:01:31)

a $1.56 is a test? i wasnt subscribing to any service, typically when a test is run on a credit card its for a penny ($.01) you charged $1.56 as a test? would it have been returned if i hadnt questioned it???
Robbie (15:01:51)

Bear with me please.
Robbie (15:03:46)

No worries. It will be return to you after 2-4 business days. If there is no refund has been done please do not hesitate to chat us back again.
steve1a1a@ (15:04:42)

I will be watching my credit card for the money to be returned, this sounds more like a scam to steal money than any test, i expected much better from NOKIA

has anyone else had this problem??

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow. They gave you and answer and you were still a ****. The guy didn't charge your card, Nokia did. And if its returned then stop being a baby

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
hmmm I've reread my responses, i believe i was quite reasonable, I was patient and trying to get a straight answer, please explain from your point of view how i could have handled this better, i didn't curse or accuse till the very end when i couldn't get an explanation as to why this charge was made in the first place, how would you have handled it better? you buy a product, you pay for the product, then get charged for nothing, and when you ask what you were charged for all your told is you'll get your money back? i had to push to get any explanation at all, and as far as I'm concerned it was a weak explanation at that. no it wasn't a great deal of money... but... it was MY money... how would you take it when you get a email confirmation of a charge and when you click the link all it does is take you to a map of the United States... I wasn't trying to be a jerk to the chat guy.. and if i came across that way then maybe i need to reexamine my approach, but that dosent change the fact that i was wrongfully charged and when questioned all i got in response was "it will be returned to you" no explanation

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
honestly i wasn't trying to make the chat guy feel bad.. that wasn't my intention... i wanted an explanation... i wasn't getting any answers..

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
honestly i wasn't trying to make the chat guy feel bad.. that wasn't my intention... i wanted an explanation... i wasn't getting any answers..

It's called common decency. The dude you just yelled at gave you the best answer he was able to. And you still berated him like a child.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't see where i berated him at all, its not like i was using all caps (screaming at him) do you feel the questions i asked were unreasonable, its alway hard to know the tone of a person when in a written format, i only ask because i wasn't angry, just very frustrated, and it seems that everyone thinks i was trying to insult the guy or something and that just wasn't the case, i wanted to know why? how? and who is OVI.COM i had never heard of them, and when i clicked on the link it brought up here maps..

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I would have been upset too. 1.56 as a (test) is odd. I've been reading over every piece of info and I can find any test they run. I personally get daily updates on my cards and accounts and have never been charged this test fee that I can find

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Since Nokia is not a US-based company, could the difference in price come from that? I can see where you could have a charge for the music track + a similar authorization charge for the same amount. Kind of like when you go to a resturant and you pay with your card. There is an initial charge for the meal itself but if you add a tip the adjusted amount isn't added for a few more days. I bought a Nexus 4 through Google Play and canceled the order when I could get it locally for about $180 less (Craigslist). I had a $400 authorization on my credit card for 3-5 days before it was refunded.

Customer Service is charged with addressing customer inqueries and trouble-shooting issues they are presented with. Sometimes the answer they are allowed to provide you with is not the one you will be most happy with. Once more, online chat is often riddled with misunderstandings because you don't know the tone of the other person in chat. You may not have intended to berate the representative, but the perception is that you may have. There is a time and place for being firm and heavy-handed with a corporation. Doing this on the frontlines with an hourly support worker over $1.56 on your account is out of line. It cost Nokia more to answer that question for you, regardless of your satisfaction, than it would have if you remained calm and opted to escalate beyond the rep when you were not going to get more information from the representative.

I think everyone should have to work as a CSR once in their life to appreciate what a person in that position goes through.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think everyone should have to work as a CSR once in their life to appreciate what a person in that position goes through.

If you never learned manners as a child, yeah I agree. In fact, doing any sort of consumer facing job would do the trick.

I've had various amounts credited & debited for both checking accounts & credit cards multiple times. I can only think of one time that it was 1 cent.

Tom Raccoon

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I bet that if you take a look into the FAQ or a Support page that belongs to Nokia Music, you'll find the answer (without needing to set the world on fire).

PayPal works in the same way (with a very similar charge), too. Less than two dollars that won?t hurt anybody.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I must admit, this thread is great. From the dramatic title, to the hilarious chat transcript. I bet the op is a joy to eat out with ;)

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
i don't user Nokia Music, but I suspect that charge is like what some other companies does to varify your account (im not sure how it works), at least some other service I use does charge a random amount first then return it a couple days later "automatically" so to me you really are over reacting a bit on the chat, I mean you could just escalate instead of using caps...

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

I used to work CSR for a multi-national company (I'm not going to name it, but they make sound cards...). I do not wish this upon anyone. My girlfriend worked as a CSR at Sprint. When she told me she got the job, she asked what I thought. My only answer was "I'm sorry." Being a CSR is the most degrading work I've every done (and I worked at a fast food joint just before it). Then again, it's taught me to be polite with every single rep I talk to on the phone, unless something really goes wrong, but then I immediately ask to speak with a supervisor.

JustlMe

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I would understand if $1.56 was a test, but it would be nice if it told you this beforehand. I don't know why you are so worked up, for paypal i had the same procedure ( and it was definitely more than $1 i give you that),where they would charge my account and gave back the amount after a few business days.( to verify my card or something).

The first 1/3 was fine or so, then after you just gave that guy a beating, towards the end you do sound like you were very frustrated,keeping calm might be a better move next time xD~ i believe the rep did a good job and he did inform you to the best of his knowledge. He did give you an answer and he did say it will be refunded like all test charges, the best action you could have done in my eyes was to accept what he told you and wait for a few days and check your account for that refund.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2