05-14-2014 01:13 AM
177 ... 45678
tools
    By the way if the moderators are thinking of closing this thread please don't. He has the rope so might as well let him tie the Knott.
    DaT Franchise and mister2d like this.
    05-06-2014 07:53 PM
    You should have got the red and yellow one, it seems faster. LOL

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    No because with the black I can think I'm in a Blackbird over Russia.
    05-06-2014 07:55 PM
    No way, photos or you don't have them.
    Had to send them both back, defects, waiting on replacements ;-)
    Will6371 likes this.
    05-06-2014 10:10 PM
    i bet your next and last device will have that poping/static sound too, every 1520 i had in my hands had it, some more, some less.
    ​..
    Oh no! Is this a common issue? Cuz it happens all the time on my 8X, and I was hoping that it was a hardware issue so I could just get another device and it wouldn't be there...
    05-06-2014 10:42 PM
    well, at least it seems to be a common issue on the lumia 1520.
    i kinda got used to it now, so it doesnt bother me anymore :)
    The sad thing about the story is, that Nokia's "built quality" is the worst i ever seen on a Phone.
    The Lumia 1520 is my 7th or 8th Lumia and probably my last, because every single on of them had Issues.

My first one was a Lumia 800: touchscreen defect

second one was the replacement, which was in retrospect the best Lumia i ever had (quality wise)

third one was a Lumia 900: vibra motor rattled like hell, and sounded pretty bad, but i lived with it

fouth one was the Lumia 920: again vibra motor rattle (worse than the 900) and loose battery (as soon as you tilted the device, you could hear and feel a "click" when the battery moved inside the case)

fifth one was another Lumia 920 (replacement): defective usb-port, right out of the box

sixth one was another Lumia 920 (2nd replacement) vibra rattle (like all 920's i had) but i lived with it, since the rest seemed to be ok. 5 months later, the phone killed it self by overheating, after i turned it on. the phone was turned of over night, and when i turned it on in the morning, it freeze and became pretty hot at the back, when i finaly was able to turn it off, it was dead.

Then i tried my seventh Lumia. The Lumia 925:again vibra rattle, and the speaker was crackling when playing sounds.
    I thought "thats it, thats was my last Lumia EVER!!" i brought it back, and bought a Samsung ATIV S, which i was happy with, untill i saw the Lumia 1520.....

I thought i give Nokia a last chance with the 1520 and ordered it..
    I will keep it, but this is for sure the last Phone i will ever buy from Nokia....
    kylezangel and peacefulberry like this.
    05-07-2014 01:29 AM
    Another one
    multo likes this.
    05-07-2014 05:10 AM
    05-07-2014 06:29 PM
    I guess #7 was perfect but got lost in shipping hahahaha
    05-08-2014 04:27 PM
    I guess #7 was perfect but got lost in shipping hahahaha
    on a side joke, the 6th device should arrive today but they shipped it to someone else. so they will ship it again tomorrow (same device). when it come i will let u know.

if people still thing i dont own the devices or i forged them or what ever. hey i still own the last device that i will return. so u might want to see some demonstration or something.
    05-08-2014 06:06 PM
    Exactly as I thought, and "#6" will have a sticky power or volume button.
    05-08-2014 06:14 PM
    What proof have you given, all I see is a phone with a bright spot and a recording that a 5 year old could fabricate. I still don't see any evidence that you got 5 phones.

Personally I think there should be some sort of imei register when your registering on here and without it you can't bull**** everyone about your non existent phone. Yes I know you posted a photo of your phone but here have a look at my learjet 45, now I don't remember buying it but it must be mine because I have posted a photo of it.
    Not that hard to confirm, just ask him to post the pic on his table with something you request. A banana with a sharpie mark. A paper towel folded like a tent, etc...
    05-08-2014 06:40 PM
    And what fun would that be?? Right now its like a game of charades
    05-08-2014 06:48 PM
    Not that hard to confirm, just ask him to post the pic on his table with something you request. A banana with a sharpie mark. A paper towel folded like a tent, etc...
    Yeah I already asked him for a photo with something like my signature on here wrote on a piece of paper. I guess he will now be able to do the photo with both phones.

Still doesn't show that he got 6 phones in total though.
    05-08-2014 07:55 PM
    It takes a special kind of genius to continue to re-order a phone ...

that he knows will come in w a defect.

Now that's perseverance, or Forest Gump.
    Will6371 and BobLobIaw like this.
    05-08-2014 09:12 PM
    It takes a special kind of genius to continue to re-order a phone ...

that he knows will come in w a defect.

Now that's perseverance, or Forest Gump.
    So true, if it were true.
    05-08-2014 10:13 PM
    I'm on my TENTH 1520!!! I sent the first 9 back because somehow Nokia QC messed up and one changed colors from yellow to red! The last phone I had developed a tiny scratch and when I peeled it away, lo and behold, it was really a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 disguised as a 1520! Sneaky sneaky Nokia/MS but I'm catching on to your tricks!
    oditius likes this.
    05-08-2014 11:05 PM
    on a side joke, the 6th device should arrive today but they shipped it to someone else. so they will ship it again tomorrow (same device). when it come i will let u know.

if people still thing i dont own the devices or i forged them or what ever. hey i still own the last device that i will return. so u might want to see some demonstration or something.
    Maybe you could make a demonstration showing how you pierce your *sixth* L1520 polycarbonate plastic with your nails.
    05-09-2014 12:40 AM
    Victim of white dot on my replacement device, initial one had heating issues.
    Contacted nokia through chat and they have arranged a pickup within next 4 hours.
    05-09-2014 01:23 AM
    Do you have a photo of where the white dot is? When you say heating how bad was it and were your on 8.1

Also you do realize that all phones get very hot when they are being worked. What were you doing when the phone was heating. What was your last phone?

Victim of white dot on my replacement device, initial one had heating issues.
    Contacted nokia through chat and they have arranged a pickup within next 4 hours.
    05-09-2014 04:45 AM
    If the phone isn't rebooting itself it isn't hot
    JasonKruys and Will6371 like this.
    05-09-2014 11:37 AM
    If the phone isn't rebooting itself it isn't hot
    The phone shuts down when it gets too hot doesn't it.
    05-09-2014 04:16 PM
    The phone shuts down when it gets too hot doesn't it.
    Every smartphone I've ever had will 1) shut down or 2) force reboot which most of the time leads to a boot loop. If stuck in an overheating bootloop let it loop and put it in a freezer (android trick). You could possibly face where the phone wont shut down.
    I do know the snapdragons on most Android phones will throttle if it gets over a certain temp but idk if the WP kernels are set up the same way but im pretty sure they are.
    another thing that can happen is the cores getting stuck wide open (common problem on the G2) and will lead to a thermal runaway (this is why I like a removable battery) but in most cases the phone will just reboot into a boot loop hence the freezer trick.
    Will6371 likes this.
    05-09-2014 04:24 PM
    I've seen core temps in the 140f range screwing with over clocking and kernel settings,(gotta love making a snapdragon 600 pull over 22k on Antuttu) I need to look in my settings on my HTC one but I want to say performance throttling is set around 130f on the kernel im using on it.
    05-09-2014 04:33 PM
    When I had my Xperia Z1 it was overcooked and boy did it get hot. I think it was worse because it was glass. I had on one occasion on my 1520 when it heated up after Cortana got stuck and while it was very hot it was nowhere near as hot as phones can get.
    05-09-2014 09:12 PM
    When I had my Xperia Z1 it was overcooked and boy did it get hot. I think it was worse because it was glass. I had on one occasion on my 1520 when it heated up after Cortana got stuck and while it was very hot it was nowhere near as hot as phones can get.
    People would be surprised if they ever measured there phone when it was what they thought was hot and it would only be 110-115 degrees. Think about it, water in a jacuzzi on average is 105 and that's pretty dam hot when you first try to get in it. A cars leather seats in the sun is about a buck 20 so when your phone hits thermal threshold trust me you will know it.
    05-09-2014 10:26 PM
177 ... 45678