Music randomly stops playing [SERIOUS PROBLEM]

steadydon

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here!!!! Just got the green AT&T 1520 and when at the gym working out the music randomly just stops. I sure hope Microsoft sees threads like these and realizes there is a problem and it needs to be fixed; PRONTO!!!!

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Started having the same Problem about 2 weeks ago using Atomic Floyd SAF0106/01/00 AirJax Headphones.
Happens with pretty much any Music App be it XBox Music, MixRadio, MusicPlayer or OneMusic.
Had the Phone Factoryreset about 3-4 Times by now with or without restoring from a Backup.
Will see how the RePlugging Solution will work out as it's definitely faster than restarting the Phone everytime this happens.

RePlugging the Headphones indeed solved the Problem after it happened again today... Lets see when this gets fixed.

Last edited:

mcbeastly

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem (930, 8.1 cyan) and I was having to turn off and restart to phone to get any music out of it. Never tried the headphone unplug trick though - I'll give it a go next time!

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. It started a couple of weeks ago and only happens when I am plugged into the audio jack, not when I am using Bluetooth.

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Today, after 5h+ of listening to Music, I haven't had a single hickup while on Friday I had it happen at least 4-5 times with the very same Playlist.

No Application Updates have happened in the meanwhile - Running Firmware Version: 02061.00066.14253.40002

Crossing my Fingers for it to a) have either solved itself or b) will happen less frequently like it now appears to happen.

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Yep... The last time I had this Problem was on a Friday when it happened at least 4-5 times during work ( a rather short day ) using my current Combat Music playlist.

Haven't used the Phone over the Weekend to listen to Music and there also haven't been any Updates to the Phone that could have contributed to anything what followed after that.

Starting on Monday with the very same Playlist I finished with on Friday ( just hitting the Play/Pause Button on my Headphone Cable ) I was able to listen to Music without a hitch. Same on Tuesday and Wednesday - Not a single BUG.
Like I said, no Updates to either the Phone or an App have happened that could have "fixed" this.

On Thursday though, after like 2h I decided to use another Playlist but quickly went back to the Combat Music playlist, the BUG reappeared now annoying me again for the rest of the day and as it appears today aswell.

Todays Critical Developer Preview Update didn't fix it either.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Similar issues here with a few added one. Just experienced the music stopping bug for the first time yesterday. Was playing music from a playlist stored on the SD card. Made a phone call. Went back to playing music but it wouldn't play anything.

Other more annoying issue I have is when I turn on "ringer" while listening to music the phone will notify of an incoming text or phone call but play the notification sound through both headphones and external speaker. Very embarassing when this happens in public because it also seems to play the sounds or ringtones at the level my headphones are on (which is usually full volume). When I resume back to playing music the music then plays through external speakers and headphones simultaneously. So now I have to keep "ringer" turned off while listening to music and rely on catching my phones vibrations during incoming notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes