Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

Mario Ech

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Mario Ech.

2. That is not a bug. All contacts must have phone number be saved as mobile phone number or it will no be shown in sms app. I believe number saved in work category works as well.

It is saved as work category. When I switch it to mobile category, it works.
Looks also like amateur bug to me.

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same problem now on my 625. Can type one word. When hit space I cannot type anything else... I can open another app en type again for one word hit space and stuck again. Soft reset doesn't help. Don;t want to do a hard reset.
Cleared out my "word suggestions" in the settings and I doen't use exotic apps. Just Facebook twitter, etc

Debraj Dey

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I am having a peculiar problem . Whenever I use the color profile app and change the setting to either vivid or advanced and tune the saturation according to my liking, the display colour saturation does change accordingly, but but but it reverts itself after sometime. For example if I set the colour profile as vivid , the colours on the screen actually look vivid but after a while , the screen automatically reverts to the standard color profile and I have to go to settings and again to set the colour profile to vivid. I don't understand why this is happening. It is really bugging me. When I set my screen colours my way , I want it to stay that way 😐

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I am having a peculiar problem . Whenever I use the color profile app and change the setting to either vivid or advanced and tune the saturation according to my liking, the display colour saturation does change accordingly, but but but it reverts itself after sometime. For example if I set the colour profile as vivid , the colours on the screen actually look vivid but after a while , the screen automatically reverts to the standard color profile and I have to go to settings and again to set the colour profile to vivid. I don't understand why this is happening. It is really bugging me. When I set my screen colours my way , I want it to stay that way 

same thing here ..... its a known bug for every L630 owner
​have to wait until nokia/MS releases a fix

Harshvardhan513

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi i too sufering from same problem. since one month of usage today i'am not able to type anything after a word. As mentioned i did soft reset and was able to type two words only...!!!!! again this bug came again..

plz help me m not able to text anything. :'(

Zzy Sovzy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I just got my lumia 630 few days ago and I love it and hate it at the same time. I'm with the latest cyan update or whatever the number is.. 8.1.1 something... updated 2 days ago.
I opted for WP to my colagues and now they expect feedback. I must admit, not sure how the notifications work (especially for viber, facebook, and sometimes skype) they come with great delay or dont come at all... I was pissed at the call confirmation dialog with the custom dialers... but got over that because there are few other ways to achieve that.. Cortana doesnt have voice activation... Facebook messenger can't make calls I mean cmoon...
The performance gets kind of laggy if you are hoggy user contrary to all reviews from the indian guys on youtube. Finding the apps is pain in the **** even with the search (They must put few more modes of the app drawer). I though Ms and Nokia stepped up their game but, android is way ahead. It was only phone that was in my budget range and the lack of front camera and flash really made it difficult...I like the phone and the system but i have mixed feelings about various stuff.
The best thing that I like about windows phones is that I'm able to put everything on the SD card and leave the internal memory for the OS which performs beautiful, unlike any android device. I will think really hard before my next purchase which should be fairly soon... I will keep exploring.

Last edited:

spop9

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Does everyone here have a creaking noise and some give when pushing down on the case? I'm wondering if there is a fix of sorts for this.I have two 630s and one of them does this and the other doesn't. Do you think it could just be manufacturing of the case? I know its not a big deal but its annoying to me.

dt257

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am an owner of Lumia 630 DS for about 2 months now, and completely satisfied with it.
EXCEPT for one particularly annoying issue.
I can't make phone calls using any kind of a headset.... simply there is no incoming or outgoing sound.
This issue appears ONLY in call app.
When I launch the call app, the phone disables the sound to the headset.
(however, I randomly managed to get the sound to the headset during the call only 2 times over the period of last two months)
Skype and Viber calls are OK using the headset.
Also, the music player works perfectly.

Tried to:
- restart the phone
- hard reset the phone
- various headsets (nokia, sony, samsung...)
- various SIM cards (in single or dual mode)
- played with this and that settings
... nothing seemed to help to resolve the issue

current OS version : 8.10.12397.895

Do you guys have any solutions or similar problems?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Tnx
dt257

Baber Khalid

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Nokia lumia 630 opens the message application multiple times when i open message app from notification, even if i open i open the message of same person. Its should resume it rather than open app again. Video app's live tile even shows images of deleted videos, and I cant remove my home button bar while watching videos using video app. But home button bar is not visible while watching video through photos app on full screen. One more thing, there should be a separate sound controller for alarms, because i need to put into ringer mode if i want to hear my alarm tone. Please fix these bugs in next update.
Thanks!

Flower Singh

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I do have same problem in Lumia 730. when i checked with nokia care, they ask me to change to new microsim. eventhoughi am getting same problem in phone.

Farzal Khan

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
First of all I am windows phone enthusiast ... Lumia freak !!!
But having loads of problems within a week of purchase is really annoying ...
1. Once I was talking to a friend ( no it's not any sound issue .... it was perfect :) ) as soon I hanged up the phone became very very very hot and after a while it started vibrating all of a sudden ... It made me remove my battery otherwise it wont stop at any cost ... !!

2. And now after 2 weeks of use it has much laggy ... Earlier there were lags but minor ( not noticable ) but now its really annoying

Pls suggest me some fix ... :)

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
First of all I am windows phone enthusiast ... Lumia freak !!!
But having loads of problems within a week of purchase is really annoying ...
1. Once I was talking to a friend ( no it's not any sound issue .... it was perfect :) ) as soon I hanged up the phone became very very very hot and after a while it started vibrating all of a sudden ... It made me remove my battery otherwise it wont stop at any cost ... !!

2. And now after 2 weeks of use it has much laggy ... Earlier there were lags but minor ( not noticable ) but now its really annoying

Pls suggest me some fix ... :)

Clean up your temporary files for the lagging part. If any app is lagging, it might be because its not optimized for WP8.1 yet.
Phone vibrating automatically is creepy. Are you sure you haven't pressed anything or any apps were running in the background? Consult your nearest Nokia care for the vibrating issue brother. That sounds serious.

Siva Prasad Vedula

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 630 Contacts issue....

Hi, I bought a lumia 630 and found a problem with gmail's contacts. The problem is max no. of my contacts are not showing their name properly. For e.g My contact name is 'A Bhaskar Rao' it shows only 'A Rao'. So I tried editing the contact but under editing menu the name showing-up is 'A Bhaskar Rao' not 'A Rao' . So I again cleared it and wrote the full name and saved. But this doesn't helps. The name is still showing 'A Rao'. Then again I tried editing and this time I cleared the name and saved it then once again I edited the contact this time writing the full name and saved it. Now it was showing properly. This is probably the solution if you have this issue with 1 or 2 contacts. I have more than 300 contacts and I'm facing this issue with more than 150 contacts. So I can't just edit then save then again edit then save. I thought that it would be a sync issue so I removed my gmail account then again added it. But this doesn't solves the issue. But those 2 or 3 contacts which I edited before were this time showing properly. I even checked my gmail contacts from my PC to see if there was any problem but everything was fine there. If anyone having the same issue and found a solution please tell me. Thankyou. :unhappysweat:

Last edited:

Hubsi77

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Got my 630 Dual Sim yesterday and have the following problem:
In the menu I can find the message-option for SIM1 and SIM2 ("Nachrichten SIM1" - "Nachrichten SIM2") but for the calls I only can find the option for handy SIM1 (no "Phone SIM2" which is possible in the Lumia530 I also use).

Any idea?
0001.jpg 0002.jpg

Last edited:

mutlucan

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey!
I got a new Lumia 630 but there is a big issue on sending email. Even if I recevie mails, I couldn't send any mail. How can I solve it? Please help me!!! :cry::unhappysweat:

Hubsi77

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Do you have any more details about this problem (any error messages or similar)?
This does not necessarily a problem with your phone, most likely this is caused by some wrong settings in your email account.
So I suggest to check your Inputs on these settings like server setting, login settings....

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got a small bug with my 630. It happens when i'm either in the visual voicemail or attaching a voice note to a text message. In both cases the screen will go black if touched. So once I start recording a voice note, I cannot hit the stop button. All I can do is turn the screen off and back on but the voice note is gone. While in visual voicemail if I turn on speakerphone, there's no issues. Otherwise once I hit play on a message, it'll play all the way to the end and if I try to stop it beforehand, the screen also goes black when I touch it. Often immediately after a restart, these bugs will go away, but they always come back and won't go away until I restart the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes