Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

kourtnee martin

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Why does my phone keep turning its self up. it wont let me turn it down and nothing is in the way of the volume button. After i turn it off and on it appears with this cog and a lighting bolt. I've tried soft resetting it and it only works once every million other times I try it. What is happening and how can i fix it??

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Why does my phone keep turning its self up. it wont let me turn it down and nothing is in the way of the volume button. After i turn it off and on it appears with this cog and a lighting bolt. I've tried soft resetting it and it only works once every million other times I try it. What is happening and how can i fix it??
Did you take the case (back cover) off and make sure there's nothing jammed in there? If so, the only thing I can think of is that your phone is just defective. I would say take it into a Microsoft store, or exchange it for a different one wherever you purchased it.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I've got a small bug with my 630. It happens when i'm either in the visual voicemail or attaching a voice note to a text message. In both cases the screen will go black if touched. So once I start recording a voice note, I cannot hit the stop button. All I can do is turn the screen off and back on but the voice note is gone. While in visual voicemail if I turn on speakerphone, there's no issues. Otherwise once I hit play on a message, it'll play all the way to the end and if I try to stop it beforehand, the screen also goes black when I touch it. Often immediately after a restart, these bugs will go away, but they always come back and won't go away until I restart the phone.

this seems to be the issue with the lack of proximity sensor on L630
whenever you have apps which have their audio out through the front mini speaker the touchscreen autmatically turns off ie: it locks itself out when audio is playing through the mini speaker and at the same time any touch response is registered....
this issue persists is some third party voip apps...

you would have noticed in the stock dialer app also
if you touch anywhere else other than the buttons while calling the screen locks itself

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

if you have a protective case on ... make sure that the buttons are not jammed ...
o/w remove the back panel as kevC4D suggested and check again if there is something keeping the buttons jammed
if still no luck .. take it back to the place where you had brought it from /.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Got my 630 Dual Sim yesterday and have the following problem:
In the menu I can find the message-option for SIM1 and SIM2 ("Nachrichten SIM1" - "Nachrichten SIM2") but for the calls I only can find the option for handy SIM1 (no "Phone SIM2" which is possible in the Lumia530 I also use).

Any idea?

have you done this ??
if so only one icon will be displayed instead of 2

DeviceShot130594141323725647.jpgDeviceShot130594141507915775.jpg

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey!
I got a new Lumia 630 but there is a big issue on sending email. Even if I recevie mails, I couldn't send any mail. How can I solve it? Please help me!!! :cry::unhappysweat:

remove the mail accounts and re enter the details again ...
also check if your device date and time is set correctly
try setting it manually instead of automatic !

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 630 Contacts issue....

Hi, I bought a lumia 630 and found a problem with gmail's contacts. The problem is max no. of my contacts are not showing their name properly. For e.g My contact name is 'A Bhaskar Rao' it shows only 'A Rao'. So I tried editing the contact but under editing menu the name showing-up is 'A Bhaskar Rao' not 'A Rao' . So I again cleared it and wrote the full name and saved. But this doesn't helps. The name is still showing 'A Rao'. Then again I tried editing and this time I cleared the name and saved it then once again I edited the contact this time writing the full name and saved it. Now it was showing properly. This is probably the solution if you have this issue with 1 or 2 contacts. I have more than 300 contacts and I'm facing this issue with more than 150 contacts. So I can't just edit then save then again edit then save. I thought that it would be a sync issue so I removed my gmail account then again added it. But this doesn't solves the issue. But those 2 or 3 contacts which I edited before were this time showing properly. I even checked my gmail contacts from my PC to see if there was any problem but everything was fine there. If anyone having the same issue and found a solution please tell me. Thankyou. :unhappysweat:

that is MS way of displaying contacts in call logs and messages ....
cant be changed....
but the original details remain unchanged online as well as in the phonebook

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I got 630 2 days ago and quite everything works fine; the only defect I found is that when I charge it, it never reach 100%, but it gets stuck at 99%. Anyone else experienced this?

Hubsi77

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Following Problem: normally if you push the side-volume button you can change the ring-tone settings. Also in the lock-screen mode. But after for example playing Music (mp3) it seems that the Music program still runs in the background (although I closed everything) and when pushing the volume button it only changes the volume of the Music instead of the ring tone. The only thing to resolve is a restart it seems....
Any other idea?

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Following Problem: normally if you push the side-volume button you can change the ring-tone settings. Also in the lock-screen mode. But after for example playing Music (mp3) it seems that the Music program still runs in the background (although I closed everything) and when pushing the volume button it only changes the volume of the Music instead of the ring tone. The only thing to resolve is a restart it seems....
Any other idea?

no other way except to install an app from the store which stops the music
for changing the volume of the ringtone even if the music is in background you can always use the small arrow after having pressed the volume keys once ...

Hubsi77

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
no other way except to install an app from the store which stops the music
for changing the volume of the ringtone even if the music is in background you can always use the small arrow after having pressed the volume keys once ...
Thanks for the reply! The questions is, why is it still running in the background although I have closed the program? Which app do you mean?
BR

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
its not a bug ..... look away from your phone .. leave it there for sometime .....
:)
You were right, it takes a lot to go from 99 to 100!

Speaking about battery drain, is it normal that I go to sleep with 100%, turn everything off and battery saver on and wake up with 95%?
5% is quite a lot for not doing anything...

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You were right, it takes a lot to go from 99 to 100!

Speaking about battery drain, is it normal that I go to sleep with 100%, turn everything off and battery saver on and wake up with 95%?
5% is quite a lot for not doing anything...
That's what battery saver is for. Check it and see what the apps are showing for usage, tap it and when it opens it shows app in use, which you should just ignore because it just means you use it. But the App in background part should have a smaller amount. If it's something that you need notifications for, don't turn off background use. But for something like a game, turn that stuff off.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
But when I turn battery saver on, doesn't it automatically turn off all the background activities?

you'l have to double check that ....
there are advanced options in battery saver settings...
swipe right/left
u will reach the usage settings .... there you can set the parameters for each app ... even how it behaves when battery saver is on

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy