Nokia Lumia 630 Bugs and Defects

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I can not hang up when I call someone with Viber and Skype.
When I try to stop conversation (to press red button) the screen is blinking so I have to ask other person to put earphone down. It is very annoying.

Am I only person with this problem ?

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
When I try to stop conversation (to press red button) the screen is blinking so I have to ask other person to put earphone down. It is very annoying.

its simply because 630 doesnt have a proximity sensor which does the job of locking the screen when you are on a call ...
be it the dialer or 3rd party apps....

but MS has used touch panel to lock the screen while in a call ... (works properly in the dialer sucks in 3rd party apps)
and there is nothing you can do about it :)
and no youre not the only one :)

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
its simply because 630 doesnt have a proximity sensor which does the job of locking the screen when you are on a call ...
be it the dialer or 3rd party apps....

but MS has used touch panel to lock the screen while in a call ... (works properly in the dialer sucks in 3rd party apps)
and there is nothing you can do about it :)
and no youre not the only one :)
It's a bug that only happens sometimes on my phone. There is something that can be done, Microsoft can fix it.

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
It's a bug that only happens sometimes on my phone. There is something that can be done, Microsoft can fix it.

I hope that Microsoft can and knows and wants to fix this :D because it is so annoying.
Skype and Viber are popular and globaly used applications and OS is just not serious OS if applications such as these two, aren't working properly.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

According to Skype discussions, you need to press the power button twice the you can hang the call. My seems to be working now.

Kyle Fennessy

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I found the same problem as r4hm4n... My keyboard will only allow me to type one word and then not allow me to type anymore. I can't text, Facebook message, or do anything that involves the keyboard typing more than one word. Passcode can be typed in fine, so no issue there. I have tried soft reset twice and do not expect hard reset to do anything (but haven't tried yet). Also I found that you could still type more words if you exit out of the keyboard and keep continuing your message one word at a time, but this is an extremely inefficient way to text or message.

shreepadg

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I am happy with the overall functioning of Lumia 630 which I have been using since the last 3 weeks. My query is when somebody calls you, and you wish to accept the call, you need to first swipe up the screen (first stroke) and then either choose to accept the call or Ignore it (second stroke)...Is it possible to accept or ignore the call in a single stroke? Or is it a software bug?

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
LOL no. It's not a bug. It's called screen lock. You can avoid this by disabling the screen lock. It's there so that you don't accidentally 'receive' the call while the phone is in your pocket or bag. If you disable the screen lock you can receive the call in one step. But this might cause other apps opening up when the screen is touched accidentally by objects in your bag or pocket.

Pranay Vaidya

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Did you found a solution to this problem.

While surfing, I came across this problem you are facing with your lumia 630.

Even I am facing the same problem.
I have mailed the support team twice but they direct us to go to their service center.

I know this is a problem every Lumia 630 user is facing, all my friends with Lumia 630 are facing this issue specially those who with Vodafone card. so I did not went.

Have you got it fixed or did you got a update for it ?

kentdavid

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I can't send a group text in my L630. When I first bought it, It was still working. But after a few days it can't send messages on groups. I even tried the '+' sign on the upper right corner but still no good. Any solutions?? Thanks.

Syed Asad Abrar

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a problem with my headphones on my Lumia 630. I can only hear from the left earplug, not the right earplug. Though, the same headphones work on my iPod and my sis' phone and audio comes from both sides.

Any help?

Rahul Chandak

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I too have the same problem . I updated my lumia 520 to lumia cyan . I cannot text .Just type one word and then "space" and its totally stuck. I cannot continue to type a message. The problem doesn't occur with digits or special characters but only with words . I am very disappointed and the update has severed my problems. Please help !! :straight:

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
It all started with 6tag. Tile stopped showing notification numbers and toast notifications in the notification center also stopped. At first i thought its because instagram was deleting the spam accounts at that time and its some problem with their site. But later on i realized problem is also there with 'Health&Fitness' app, 'myAppfree' app , 'MSN Weather' and 'MSN News' app. All of these stopped showing updated tiles and notifications. i tried soft reset, that didn't solve the issue.
Then i reinstalled 6tag and myAppFree apps. myAppfree is working fine now and it gives daily alerts. But 6Tag is giving me alerts very rarely(even though 30 minutes notification is ON). I have to open 6tag every time to see if there is any new alerts!

Can someone tell me why this might be happening?

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I too have the same problem . I updated my lumia 520 to lumia cyan . I cannot text .Just type one word and then "space" and its totally stuck. I cannot continue to type a message. The problem doesn't occur with digits or special characters but only with words . I am very disappointed and the update has severed my problems. Please help !! :straight:

This section is for Lumia 630 devices. Kindly please use the section reserved for Lumia 520 devices. Thank you.

kazelot

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
The screen on my Dual Sim 630 is completely unresponsive. I've tried a soft reset and taking the battery out and putting it back in. I've also tried turning the narrator off with the hardware buttons, but I'm not sure if the narrator was even the problem in the first place or if I'm turning it on/off right. Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria