Bricked my 920... careful of a hard reset

markgrif

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me on 2 of my 900s. When it was plugged in I couldn't get it to boot. I
unplugged it and it booted (after trying a few times). It only happened when the battery
was dead. It didn't seem to charge after the problem appeared until it disappeared!

itxjobe

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What Version to take for my 920 europe - germany - t-mobile?
you know which one?

I cant say for certain but I believe it maybe this one: RM-821/1232.2109.1242.1001/RM-821 VAR EURO2 DE T-MOBILE there is RED/WHITE/YELLOW and if you scroll down a BLACK TMO version as well.

I am just guessing as I do not own that phone.

peteguz

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I bricked my first one as well. Black Lumia 920 from AT&T, was a pre order. Realized I was not getting a data connection unless I was connected to a Wireless Access Point. Figured a reset may help but it just got stuck on the gears screen. AT&T tech support had me hold down the volume (lower), camera, and power button. It then got stuck on the Nokia screen and nothing would get it out of that loop. Took it to a store for a replacement and data worked fine but the replacement had a defect in the Bluetooth, was cracking and popping noises over Bluetooth so I took that one back to the store for ANOTHER replacement. This one so far has worked near perfect, still nervous. The only thing I've found on this one is the camera flash won't shut off when taking pictures even though I have disabled it. Obviously something was rushed in order to get these devices out in people hands before the holidays. Hope they come up with a system update/resolution because this really is a beautiful phone with a great looking OS.

Johannes Michel

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I cant say for certain but I believe it maybe this one: RM-821/1232.2109.1242.1001/RM-821 VAR EURO2 DE T-MOBILE there is RED/WHITE/YELLOW and if you scroll down a BLACK TMO version as well.

and for a free phone? without tmobile branding?

Johannes Michel

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

and for a free phone? without tmobile branding?

itxjobe

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So if you are on the lightning bolt with the cog wheel like you showed in your picture, click retry but then reboot the phone again by holding volume down + power, then when you feel the vibrate hold just the volume up button, instead of a cog it should pickup on your software and flash. Make sure your device is recognized in device manager as well.

Johannes Michel

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
i am a mac user i think there is a latency problem with the usb pass through on my vmware.
i am going to drive in my company to a windows native system.........

---------- Post Merged at 10:20 PM ----------

i am a mac user i think there is a latency problem with the usb pass through on my vmware.
i am going to drive in my company to a windows native system.........

Johannes Michel

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok. VMWare was the Problem. I was now able to reflash the 920.
But abter the Boot same Problem. Gets still the Logo-Loop.

by the way the rom: RM821_CV_DE_VAR241810_black was the right one.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my Red one.... I had to exchange it. Support could not do anything for it. Weird, neither of my Cyan or Black 1 did it.

edit... Did not see the Sticky where some figured this out.. Check it out.

If not, as mention I returned mine to a Local Corporate ATT store, with no Hassle.

Johannes Michel

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
ok, i am not willing to take this any longer. i will change it back to an iphone. Sad but ture windows mobile was fun, bat only for 6 days!
Short feedback from Nokia:
1. someone will take care about me
2. someone else asked me in what country i live...
3..... nothing else.... still waiting for a mail..........................................................

Last edited by a moderator:

zoombucky

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yikes! Sounds like I've dodged a bullet. I've reset my 920 twice! Once because I thought my settings weren't correct (this was on ATT side, online activation wasn't working, tried a reset, then contacted ATT support). The second time because I changed my microsoft account login as well as my facebook login e-mail address. Things weren't cooperating on the microsoft account side so I decided to reset to get things to sync. Things work for now.

I did notice the gears spinning for a while during the reset process, i was a little nervous because it took quite a while. The second reset actually pulled my most of old settings and SMS messages and queued up my WP8 apps for re-download.

I've only reset my old samsung focus once in the 2 years I've had it. That was because the facebook albums no longer showed up in the photos hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon