Battery Life Thread

Daniel Sanchez3

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Though are there anything system wise I can do to reduce battery drain? Like close open apps (task killer), or reduce how many apps I have connected to push notifications using my data etc?

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
The battery on my 928 keeps on draining for apparently no reason at all. I took mine off the charger this morning and after a little more than an hour, it drained 10%. WIfi is on, I only have three background tasks, and it was always on standby mode. I even restarted my phone to see if it would help, but it didn't. Is it possible that I just got a bad battery? I've had this phone for two weeks now.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know where the thread is that started back in November with battery preservation tips? I was thinking it was in the 8x forum, as a sticky, but I don't see it, and doing a search there are so many results it's hard to search through. If someone knows where to find that thread, it might be helpful for the OP.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Serious Tone

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I think I need to replace this phone. The other day I charged it to 100 then unplugged it and went to bed. In the morning it was at 85%. This morning I unplugged it at about 9:30 and its just been sitting here not used, at about 11:40 I checked the battery and its at 86%...

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think I need to replace this phone. The other day I charged it to 100 then unplugged it and went to bed. In the morning it was at 85%. This morning I unplugged it at about 9:30 and its just been sitting here not used, at about 11:40 I checked the battery and its at 86%...

How long have you had it? It takes some time and some full cycles for it to calibrate the battery.

Serious Tone

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Had it since the 17th. I'm pretty sure I've calibrated it, ran it down to zero 3 times then after that charged it before getting close to zero.

Anyways, talked to VW, shipped me out a new one today, so just to make sure, as long as I backup everything with Verizon's Backup Assistant Plus for contacts and then Windows Backup for settings, apps and pictures, that should be god right? Nothing else to backup?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't even use backup assistant. If you're using your Microsoft account for contacts (which works best), they're already in the cloud. BA is a pain, and not so reliable, from what I've read.

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
On my 810, I am currently averaging around 17-22 hours give or take and I am a moderate user. I have noticed early on what apps like to run in the background, (Skype, City Lens, etc) and the ones I don't use often I disabled background activity except for the ones with live tiles that display relevant info to me. My NFC stays on but I always toggle Bluetooth on/off when needed. WiFi remains always on even under lock screen and occasionally I play some games and my battery still rocks!! My longest on a single charge has been 1 day 8 hours given I didn't use it much besides messages, some calls, and that's it. My old HTC Radar would give me over 2 days on a single charge sometimes! That's one of the things that made me fall in love with WP <3. I gave that phone to my little brother and he told me its still giving him great juice, given he is also a moderate to low user...

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
just basic use, mostly twitter and IE , although NFC was enabled until half way through
NFC works many times in conjunction with Bluetooth. When I first got my 810 I got around the same battery life as you. I now leave NFC on BUT I toggle Bluetooth on/off when needed just pinned to my start screen. I noticed Bluetooth is a huge drain on my phone as well as the 8X I gave my mom. I would recommend you toggle Bluetooth on/off when needed and just leave NFC on. That's what I do and I always get easily through a day or more even in heavy use... Also disable background apps you don't use very much it REALLY helped me...

driver1676

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the battery starts off weird but gets better after the first couple of charges? The first day it died after 2 hours of non use, yesterday it died after about 5 hours of light-medium use. This morning I've been using the wpcentral app for 20 minutes and still at 100%. Is it normal for it to get better like this?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the battery starts off weird but gets better after the first couple of charges? The first day it died after 2 hours of non use, yesterday it died after about 5 hours of light-medium use. This morning I've been using the wpcentral app for 20 minutes and still at 100%. Is it normal for it to get better like this?

Normal. It takes a bit for the battery to calibrate.

Also, many of the 3rd party battery apps only check the battery level on a routine interval until you can trigger it to check. You may be seeing stale data.

The battery saver attribute under the System Settings is the only one that seems to be accurate whenever you check it.

Ryan Sager

May 18, 2013
Visit site
My experience with the battery life on my 928 has been very surprising, in a good way. Initially the first couple of days the battery life seemed pretty blah. But as each day went by the battery life started to increase dramatically. I actually still feel like it's increasing and I've had it for about two weeks.

965115_10152868709075790_740928526_o.jpg

I'm more than happy with these results. This was after a day of using a lot of Hopstop to make my way to a Yankee game, taking pictures at the game. Being in an area with not the greatest of reception. Very pleased with the result. It's amazing having a phone you don't have to worry about dying on you unpredictably.

Eric4Smith

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I've so far seen no difference in the 928's battery than with the iphone, it is just not lasting at all, Bluetooth and nfc are off, im using wifi, low brightness, battery saver off, although this is only my third daywp_ss_20130601_0002.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon