10-10-2014 02:09 PM
1,870 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Just loaded up the Nokia Software Recovery Tool with my ICON connected. 1028.3566.1417.0047 is the firmware version available which will load 8.0.
    Sorry, that loads 8.1, I believe. I just loaded the same updater and it gave me the same version as you have shown above. I then went to my settings, about and the version I have loaded is the same as this; 8.1.

UPDATE: I am in the middle of reseting and reflashing my ICON based on the instructions in this post. I realize that I may have looked at the hardware version instead of the software version. I check the software and it indeed shows I had 8.1 installed.

Will update when I finish flashing the latest from Nokia Restore app.

Not trying to cause a problem; just saying 8.0 does not show as being available.

Could someone that has the ICON that still has 8.0 loaded go to your settings; about and see what version you show. It may be just that it shows me what is available for my ICON and not for all Nokia models. Really confused now.

Update: I was wrong. It loads the same hardware version but does revert back to WP 8. My apologizes to those that I may have caused a problem I have given myself 10 lashes and will sit in the corner for a time.
    Last edited by aximtreo; 09-20-2014 at 08:30 AM. Reason: UPDATE
    09-19-2014 04:04 PM
    Sorry, that loads 8.1, I believe. I just loaded the same updater and it gave me the same version as you have shown above. I then went to my settings, about and the version I have loaded is the same as this; 8.1.

Not trying to cause a problem; just saying 8.0 does not show as being available.

Could someone that has the ICON that still has 8.0 loaded go to your settings; about and see what version you show. It may be just that it shows me what is available for my ICON and not for all Nokia models. Really confused now.
    I do have 8.0. I downgraded from 8.1 last week. What will change is the OS version number not the firmware number. Believe me if I could get 8.1 from the Nokia Tool for my ICON I'd do it twice.
    09-19-2014 04:08 PM
    I do have 8.0. I downgraded from 8.1 last week. What will change is the OS version number not the firmware number. Believe me if I could get 8.1 from the Nokia Tool for my ICON I'd do it twice.
    Check the update to my previous post. I believe you are right and am in the process of going back to 8.0; I hope.
    09-19-2014 04:25 PM
    Are we there yet ;)
    09-19-2014 09:25 PM

UPDATE: I am in the middle of reseting and reflashing my ICON based on the instructions in this post. I realize that I may have looked at the hardware version instead of the software version. I check the software and it indeed shows I had 8.1 installed.

Will update when I finish flashing the latest from Nokia Restore app.

OS Version: 8.0.10521.155
    09-19-2014 10:23 PM
    I can explain that real simply. Apple has power, Verizon agreed to let them release their own software, and they could sell the phone. You see Verizon really wanted to sell the iPhone.
    unlimitedpower.jpg
    09-19-2014 10:28 PM
    Just went back to 8.0 last night and it's great to have a phone that works like it is suppose to :)
    That said....I do miss all the great 8.1 stuff.
    OS Version 8.0.10521.155 is rock solid
    09-20-2014 08:04 AM
    Check the update to my previous post. I believe you are right and am in the process of going back to 8.0; I hope.
    As I stated in my update above, You are right. It does load WP 8.0.
    09-20-2014 08:31 AM
    Oh, well, page 30....I said page 30 and we still don't have it...

The waiting goes on.....
    09-20-2014 09:25 AM
    Just went back to 8.0 last night and it's great to have a phone that works like it is suppose to :)
    That said....I do miss all the great 8.1 stuff.
    OS Version 8.0.10521.155 is rock solid
    I asked this before but was not clear on the answer: after restoring 8.0, and NOT from a backup, do you get the text messages back that were in your 8.1 system, since the text backup is a separate thing?
    09-20-2014 12:26 PM
    I asked this before but was not clear on the answer: after restoring 8.0, and NOT from a backup, do you get the text messages back that were in your 8.1 system, since the text backup is a separate thing?
    Yes I got my current text messages back. And I did not restore a backup after going back to 8.0. I wasn't expecting them to come back but they did. It wasn't instant though if I remember correctly.
    aximtreo and MikeSo like this.
    09-20-2014 12:30 PM
    Yes I got my current text messages back. And I did not restore a backup after going back to 8.0. I wasn't expecting them to come back but they did. It wasn't instant though if I remember correctly.
    Thanks for confirming! Yes, it is a separate backup for text messages and it comes back even if you do a hard reset, but I didn't remember if it was OS dependent or not. They take a few hours to trickle in.

I love all the WP 8.1.1 features, but I think I might go back to 8.0 shortly and hope for a Cyan update... :)
    09-20-2014 12:41 PM
    Thanks for confirming! Yes, it is a separate backup for text messages and it comes back even if you do a hard reset, but I didn't remember if it was OS dependent or not. They take a few hours to trickle in.

I love all the WP 8.1.1 features, but I think I might go back to 8.0 shortly and hope for a Cyan update... :)
    Well, if your on Verizon it's futile to roll back to 8.0 because they are still holding availability. I don't think there is anything you can do to force the Cyan update. On Verizon anyway. I think ATT and T-Mobile have already made it available.
    jpling likes this.
    09-20-2014 01:08 PM
    Well, if your on Verizon it's futile to roll back to 8.0 because they are still holding availability. I don't think there is anything you can do to force the Cyan update. On Verizon anyway. I think ATT and T-Mobile have already made it available.
    AT&T Is the ONLY US carrier to release the update. Verizon, T-Mobile, Cricket, and Metro PCS are still under testing.

Availability in North America - Nokia
    MikeSo and anon(8503161) like this.
    09-20-2014 02:05 PM
    AT&T Is the ONLY US carrier to release the update. Verizon, T-Mobile, Cricket, and Metro PCS are still under testing.

Availability in North America - Nokia
    Well, It seems ATT was confident in the Cyan release. They really need to get on the ball. But I know that WP is last on their priority list.
    09-20-2014 02:47 PM
    Well, so much for the one month exclusivity theory...

OM8FW dropped on August 19. Today, Sep 20 and still nothing. Not even a coming soon page on Verizon News website.

It's repugnantly abhorrent.
    09-20-2014 02:53 PM
    I enjoy the action center way, way too much to go back to 8.0. Transparent tiles and Cortana are more of a parlor trick to show off to friends, i love having them, but could live without them. Firmware updates are where its at,and i'm disappointed to have to wait on that. I said from the beginning that i would love to have a feature like Google does with "Ok Google" "Hey Cortana" is going to be amazing. can't wait to get it in 3 years.
    MikeSo and associatedpress like this.
    09-20-2014 02:54 PM
    Had to get a new Sim today because mine somehow got turned off. Verizon guy didn't even now where the Sim was on the Icon. He didn't even know about an update. I guess they are too busy with the iPhone 6
    09-20-2014 03:29 PM
    Had to get a new Sim today because mine somehow got turned off. Verizon guy didn't even now where the Sim was on the Icon. He didn't even know about an update. I guess they are too busy with the iPhone 6
    Yeah, I had the same problem when I got my Icon. The guy did not know how the "SIMPLE" interface worked for settings. They probably got a full day of training on the iPhone...
    09-20-2014 03:43 PM
    Well, so much for the one month exclusivity theory...

OM8FW dropped on August 19. Today, Sep 20 and still nothing. Not even a coming soon page on Verizon News website.

It's repugnantly abhorrent.
    Oh come on. You didn't think they would drop it on the first Saturday after the iPhone 6 went on sale? They are way too busy raking in the dough. They probably sell more iPhone 6 CASES this weekend than all the WP phones they've sold combined. According to the earlier member, it ran through September. We'll see I guess.
    09-20-2014 03:46 PM
    We'll see I guess.
    Na. I'm over that horizon. Going unlocked is the only way to go these days.
    09-20-2014 11:22 PM
    Maybe this is why Verizon didn't have time for cyan

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/20/verizon-voLTE/
    huey715 likes this.
    09-20-2014 11:54 PM
    I've used Lumia Icon with DP WP8.1 for two weeks right now and I've not had any problems except MMS messages won't work at all :( SMS messages and everything else is working like a charm. But I'm using Icon in Finland in GSM/3G network since we don't have CDMA technology over here.

Speaking of iPhone 6: I guess "iBelievers" (as I call them) will buy them on the spot but someone else who really appreciates the technical/hardware features of the phone won't waste his/her time to fiddle with iPhone 6. Even one of my colleagues who was a real "iBeliever" purchased a Samsung Android phone to himself ;)

Edit: could someone find a way to flash Lumia 930's ROM to Icon???????
    09-21-2014 02:03 AM
    Maybe this is why Verizon didn't have time for cyan

?Verizon has activated voice over LTE support for the iPhone 6
    If you check my post history, I've been saying for some time that I believe the delay is for testing WP8.1 Update 1 and it's support of VoLTE.
    09-21-2014 02:19 AM
    If you check my post history, I've been saying for some time that I believe the delay is for testing WP8.1 Update 1 and it's support of VoLTE.
    Except that makes no sense. Why would the delay of Cyan/8.1 be because of something that is NOT included in Cyan and 8.1? They could just as well send out Update 1 later on without delaying Cyan/8.1.

Hey I'll be happy if we get Update 1 with it. But that doesn't make the delay excusable at all.
    11B1P likes this.
    09-21-2014 09:29 AM
1,870 ... 2829303132 ...