10-10-2014 02:09 PM
1,870 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    Hey! That's my line! :)

anon(8503161) likes this.
    09-30-2014 10:33 PM
    WOW, heated battle.....Figured this would be a little funny....Now that we have every body trolling, or complaining about each other or just bashing Verizon (I have no issue with that myself) but, after this point... I am going to create a new thread....

"Official Window Phone 10 for the ICON?"

I give it about 20 years for Verizon to do testing....

I bet that thread would be worse than this one, as we think we are waiting a while for Cyan ? Just think how long you would wait for 10....lol

Sorry, had to... Yea, I hate Verizon too
    Keep in mind that this shouldn't actually matter.
    If they continue the Dev Preview, and there are no actual Firmware Updates.
    If Windows 10 will Run on the Icon, we will be able to get it through Developer Preview.
    I don't see the Dev Preview program going away anytime soon.

The best thing to do right now is spread this around and make it go viral.
    Include Firmware updates in the Dev Preview package.

@VZWSupport #LumiaCyanUpdate #LumiaIcon @JoeBelfiore
    Vote 'developer preview firmware for Lumia' - http://ow.ly/C5N8zv

The other option is to start petitioning to remove the Carrier from the Approval Process completely.
    09-30-2014 11:29 PM
    verizon is turning us against each other.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    10-01-2014 12:56 AM
    I just did my part and tweeted.

@VZWSupport #LumiaCyanUpdate #LumiaIcon @JoeBelfiore
    MobileVortex likes this.
    10-01-2014 01:03 AM
    Happy October, neglected Icon users!
    10-01-2014 07:09 AM
    New month, new possibilities!
    Today is the day, I can feel it! LOL
    Joseph Anthony2 likes this.
    10-01-2014 07:37 AM
    I've been checking all morning - NOTHING yet! I HATE Verizon! If we don't get Cyan/Denim by the end of this week, I'm paying out my contract and switching to AT&T and getting a 1520!
    10-01-2014 08:08 AM
    Hey! That's my line! :)
    No bro, that's everybody on this post's line!
    10-01-2014 08:08 AM
    I've been checking all morning - NOTHING yet! I HATE Verizon! If we don't get Cyan/Denim by the end of this week, I'm paying out my contract and switching to AT&T and getting a 1520!
    A great phone with a great battery life.
    10-01-2014 08:12 AM
    A great phone with a great battery life.
    The battery life is calling my name...
    10-01-2014 08:31 AM
    The battery life is calling my name...
    Looking on gsmarena, the 929/930 get less life than a 5S/6/6+ and in some cases even the pitiful 4S :(
    10-01-2014 08:39 AM
    Well I like Verizon cause of the service in my area, but waiting on the cyan update is getting a little inpatient esp when att release theirs and reading posts bout deni
    m and windows 10...my upgrade is up in Feb I'm thinking bout switching phones not the carrier, and get something I'm gonna be well satisfied and happy with...dont want to be a discouraged cause I bet when I do switch up that's when the updates pops up :)
    10-01-2014 09:11 AM
    Lumia 830 and 730 with Denim have been released. Maybe we'll see Denim soon.
    10-01-2014 09:40 AM
    Lumia 830 and 730 with Denim have been released. Maybe we'll see Denim soon.
    The update will start rolling out during Q4 2014, following partner testing and approvals.
    Which means never for the ICON/928.
    10-01-2014 09:50 AM
    Tcman did say that the HTC exclusivity ends in September. But we haven't seen an AT&T release date announcement yet. Hoping that we see both soon.

I'm not holding my breath on denim.
    10-01-2014 09:51 AM
    I have a family plan on AT&T with 2 lines and both are eligible for upgrade. I also have a single line on Verizon (for the Icon) and while I liked the 1520 it is a huge phone! I loved everything about the 1520 except for its size. Trying to use that thing daily would be a massive no go for me.

I briefly considered getting the 830 on AT&T but the lower res screen on it is also a no go for me. I'll just wait for the Icon to get the 8.1 love..
    10-01-2014 10:08 AM
    VZ just twitted "Verizon Wireless USA ‏@VerizonWireless 7m7 minutes ago
    Can we help you now? @VZWSupport is standing by to answer questions, offer tips, and support your device any way possible."
    Let's ask them 1 million times about Cyan on twitter.
    MikeSo likes this.
    10-01-2014 10:09 AM
    New month, new possibilities!
    Today is the day, I can feel it! LOL
    Didn't you say that yesterday and the day before? No offence, I cant not trust your thoughts on this at this point. :)

And people with contract talks...I have not been in a contract with Verizon for almost 10 years now (but, I always find a way to get new phone)...Not signing a new one due to possibly losing my Unlimited data..and if they pull that away, I will start trying other carriers that offer more data.
    MikeSo likes this.
    10-01-2014 10:12 AM
    When it happens, it will be a tuesday.

See you guys next tuesday
    10-01-2014 10:26 AM
    My wife and I went into a VZW corporate store to buy the M8 and Icon (I'm the Icon person). We weren't browsing or on the fence about what we wanted, we wanted to pick up the phones and go as quickly as possible. When the rep asked us what he could do for us we told him we wanted the phones and he said "you don't want those". I actually had to convince the guy I wanted them (he was actually asking for reasons) before he would go get them for me.

I don't think Verizon even wants to sell WP at this point. Why not take the VZW logo off of the door and call it the iPhone store? It would be a lot less confusing.
    MikeSo and Michael Bromley like this.
    10-01-2014 10:44 AM
    When it happens, it will be a tuesday.

See you guys next tuesday
    What makes you think that? It's not a CD or a Microsoft update...
    10-01-2014 11:07 AM
    VZ just twitted "Verizon Wireless USA ‏@VerizonWireless 7m7 minutes ago
    Can we help you now? @VZWSupport is standing by to answer questions, offer tips, and support your device any way possible."
    Let's ask them 1 million times about Cyan on twitter.
    They won't answer in any meaningful way of course, but always good to make noise.
    10-01-2014 11:12 AM
    my mottos to live by when I am looking for the update this month are:

"3rd month is the charm" & "new month, new hope" & "this is Verizon we are talking about"

I hope I don't have a "4th month is the charm" motto
    10-01-2014 11:16 AM
    That happened with my 928. They didn't know that it existed. Then it was "oh one of those". Then they turned it on and set it up and started staring at it. "OMG I love that screen!". I ordered the Icon from Microsoft so I didn't see their reaction. I did have to bring it in for a new sim card though.

My wife and I went into a VZW corporate store to buy the M8 and Icon (I'm the Icon person). We weren't browsing or on the fence about what we wanted, we wanted to pick up the phones and go as quickly as possible. When the rep asked us what he could do for us we told him we wanted the phones and he said "you don't want those". I actually had to convince the guy I wanted them (he was actually asking for reasons) before he would go get them for me.

I don't think Verizon even wants to sell WP at this point. Why not take the VZW logo off of the door and call it the iPhone store? It would be a lot less confusing.
    Michael Bromley likes this.
    10-01-2014 11:24 AM

Too be fair, the folks around me are Galaxy people -_-
    10-01-2014 11:29 AM
1,870 ... 4546474849 ...